“super break in wonderful accomadation”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anne B
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“super break in wonderful accomadation”
Reviewed 16 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My partner, myself, my daughter and her3 year old daughter enjoyed a Monday to Friday break during October 2017 at Lavender Cottage. Anne was a wonderful, host and was there to answers any questions if we required, however she was not intrusive and we felt very, welcome, comfortable and at home in her beautiful cottage. The cottage was spotlessly clean and fully equipped with everything you could possibly need. The standard of the decoration, furnishing and fittings of the cottage were extremely tasteful and would have put some boutique hotels to shame, Anne has exquisite taste and all the little finishing touches were appreciated. The kitchen was well equipped and was a pleasure to cook in at the far end of the kitchen was a little office area where all the information about the cottage and the activities in the area were available in a file. My granddaughter lovely playing on the swivel chair and being involved while we cooked, if you wanted there were cookery books and spices there for your use. The beds were all very comfortable and the bed linen was of high quality as was the fluffy towels supplied. I loved the master bedroom with the on suite and when given the chance I would sneak up there and read enjoying the pleasant surroundings. The other bedrooms and the bathroom were super too. Both the showers also had a good power to them and it was lovely being able to relax in a bath after a busy day out. Parking was easy there was space for 2 cars one behind the other right next to the back gate of the cottage; we choose to use the back gate and the French doors to go in and out. The garden was beautiful with a winding slate path leading up to the door. I would love to return in the summer time when we could have made use of the tranquil garden and all its furnishings. Oh I forgot to mention how useful it was having the downstairs cloak room that was also beautifully presented. I don’t know how Anne can bear to let this cottage out. There was a lot for us to do as a family in the area. We found a super equipped play ground in the village just a minutes’ walk from the cottage. My daughter had her hair cut and styled at James Alexander hair, and I wish I had made an appointment too, her hair was cut to the standard of a top city hairdresser and at £35 pound was a bargain, and this again was a short walk to the cottage. The village had an excellent train service to Preston which only took 20 minutes and as it was raining we were glad that there was no problem getting parking at the station and was glad that there was a shopping centre right across from the station, my daughter had her nails done here in a salon, there was a Primark which kept her happy and a tkmaxx for me. We also had a day out in Southport which was about 30 mins by car, there was a wonderful play centre there for my granddaughter, we also made lots of visits to Leyland garden centre which had super food and a soft play. We found that we did not have time to do everything that we planned to and would love to return again.

18 Oct 2017
Thank you so much Anne for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I will very much look forward to your next visit.
Vivien H
“Cosy cottage”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting relatives close by. Croston is a nice vibrant village and well placed. The house was well located, next to a pub with a boule pitch and bowling green. We ate at the Grapes and Wheatsheaf , both within easy walking distance and providing good food and service at reasonable prices.

The cottage is modern but cosy and deceptively spacious. Lovely garden at the rear for sitting and relaxing. It's only potential drawback is that it's situated on a fairly busy road which could make sleeping in the front bedrooms a problem for those not used to traffic noise

14 Sep 2017
So glad you had an enjoyable visit and thank you for being such tidy guests!
caroline...
“Exceptional.”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This cottage is truly exceptional - and I say that as someone who has been a professional rental agent of high end holiday properties for 15 years, and as someone who is exceedingly 'picky' as a result. There is absolutely nothing I could fault. The location in the exceedingly pretty and welcoming village of Croston is superb. The decor and care, love and attention that has been put into this cottage by the owner has to be seen to be believed. And the communication with owner excellent. Really one of the best holiday rentals I have been fortunate enough ever to stay in.

29 Aug 2017
Thank you Caroline. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed your stay. Very gratifying to receive such a good report from someone who works in the industry. Hope you will come and visit Croston again soon. Best wishes to you and your family. Ann
Spamelina
UK
“Completely amazing cottage... everything you need!”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Ann's cosy cottage was the perfect stopover for our road trip up to Scotland. The house is just gorgeous, a real home from home with everything you might need. I'd go as far to say it was nicer than our own home! Ann hasn't forgotten a thing, and the extra little touches.. like leaving some toys out for the children, made it even more special. Very comfortable beds, and the master bedroom and ensuite had a real 'boutique hotel' feel to it.. we loved it. Despite being called cosy, there is more than enough space for a family and the enclosed garden is a lovely place to sit and enjoy the sun. Only wish we could have stayed longer! We were only there for a couple of nights, but managed a day out to Southport where there is lots to do to keep both the kids and the adults entertained. Croston is a very pretty little village and there seemed to be numerous inviting pubs and restaurants (which we would have sampled had we not had the children with us!). We will definitely remember your cottage next time we need to stay in the area Ann, we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

29 Aug 2017
Thank you so much Pam. I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay and I hope you will pay another visit to Croston again soon. Best wishes to you all Ann
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

17 Aug 2017
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Lavender Cottage and thank you so much for your review. I will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best wishes to you and your family
Ann
AngieRCor...
Cork
“Fantastic Cottage”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I have just spent a few days at Cozy Cottage in Croston and absolutely loved it.

Ann has the cottage beautifully decorated and it is kept immaculately clean.

There were a lot of extra little homely touches which made our stay a fantastic one.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone and we will definitely return to explore some more.

The area has some lovely places to visit and if travelling with small children I would recommend wordly Hall as there is a great maze and playground and for the arty person a visit to Cedar farm galleries is a must, also has a few animals and small play area.

But to be honest because the cottage was so nice we spent a lot of time just relaxing in it and the lovely enclosed garden which again was perfect for a little one to run around in and then the big ones to have a glass or two of wine in after bedtime!!

I have spent a lot of holidays in cottages/houses around the world and I can honestly say this is one of the best, thank you Ann for a great stay

Angela Regan and Family
X

1 Aug 2017
Thank you Angela! So pleased that you and your family enjoyed your visit and I will look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Very best wishes to you all

Ann
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;