“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothley
Long Whatton, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After recently having our Civil Partnership here, me and my partner were very happy with the way the day went. Everything was perfect and we enjoyed every second of it. You will always find a few little niggles wherever you go, and any that we came across were dealt with in a fast and professional manner. All that we wanted was to have a brilliant day with our family and friends. Not only did we enjoy it, so did everyone else who shared the day. A beautiful building in a beautiful location and looking very smart after it refurbishment. My Dad is returning for the night on Easter Sunday with my Mum to have another good look around and absorb everything properly this time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are all different and full of character with a lot of period features. Room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ASM-G23
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Rothley Court, I have passed on your kind remarks to all the staff and hope you will come and visit again in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Barnstaple
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has to be the jewel in the Greene King crown. From the moment you arrive to moment you leave your never too far from a polite professional and extremely helpful member of staff. Our room was immaculate and the food was of a very high standard, I can't rate Rothley Court high enough.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank mark o
Northumberland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second stay at the hotel and again a very nice stay. I ate in the bar, mixed grill good quality and superb view. I would recommend staying here and it is on my list next time I visit the area

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevnorth
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently went to a wedding at rothley court hotel prior to this stay I have never been here so i done my usual trick of looking at all the reviews. They were very mix so my mind was still open. When we arrived the location was just wonderful so picturesque and tranquil. Went to get checked in the receptionist was really polite and told me everything I needed to know. I was staying in the court mews just across from the main bounding, so I was a little sceptical of how fresh and in keeping with the hotels style it would be. When we got into our room we were not disappointed. Completely in keeping with the style very modern and fresh, bathroom was what you needed with a bath and they supply tea, coffee and biscuits which is always a nice refreshment! The wedding went smoothly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The wedding meal was lovely. And the evening reception was great. Returned to our room and had a peaceful sleep. In the morning breakfast was great a wide variety of food just what you need. You have to be checked out by 11. Went to reception was checked by "Ben". He was very polite and went through everything with us.

All in all what a pleasant stay and I will be recommending it to all my friends.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Nthorne63
Than you for your kind comments and I have passed them onto Ben as it is always nice to have positive feedback.
We are glad that the Wedding went so well and you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spent a lovely evening at Rothley Court to celebrate my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary. Visited earlier on the day and left table decorations which the staff dealt with for me. The staff were very attentive and the food was lovely. We will definitely be visiting again soon. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Wendy K
We are please that your celebration went well at Rothley and I have passed on your comments to the staff, I do hope you will come and dine with us again in the near future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

i feel so let down. i feel in love with the place so i wanted to get married there. got a appointment to book it waited for 45 minits to be told that the lady could not c use .think how i felt came away crying.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Anne N
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After booking the wedding they had a turnaround of 3 different wedding planners. Eventually the latest Wedding planner emailed us ALL guests details for the date saying they were in our party - none of the guests they gave details for were in our party, a disregard for data protection. Told by planner they would set up the room, then next planner decided she wouldn't do it. We set up rooms the day before the wedding, On the day of the wedding, chairs were missing from the top table, although the places were laid out. Also staff had removed our wedding boards (deciding they were for the wedding party the following day) and we found them stacked in the chapel with the next day's things. The day after the wedding they lay out all our things for collection - our cake boxes were missing, I asked for them and was told "IF we find them we will get in touch" I eventually (after contacting head office) received an email from wedding planner "not our responsibility you brought it on to our property" I asked them to pay for our things as they were the ones handling them, lo and behold my brand new cakes boxes "appeared" with wait for it..... CATERING STICKERS on them. Well used after all this time by Rothley Court. The manager apologised and said they had been using them. They hadn't gone missing at all. We agreed I would collect them. When I arrived the receptionist knew why I was there and was VILE to me, giving her opinion as to why they kept my boxes, she was shouting at me and didn't care who heard. I said to her I didn't know why she was getting involved I'd agreed with the Gen Manager to collect these as they are mine, that was a red rag to a bull and she continued to shout even though there were other guests there. Absolutely VILE staff, I was shocked and I left crying. I wrote to head office again and received a letter saying they would re-train the receptionist in customer care... There are still things missing from that day that only their staff were using on our behalf, the manager said he would reimburse us for them.... 6 months later... no sign of it. Would we go there again, no chance. Will our other family weddings be held there, no chance. We have had another family wedding since that one and that was at Sutton Bonnington Hall where the staff were kind and helpful and none of our things went "missing".

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Familytraveller470
We are very sorry that we were running late for your appointment. The Wedding Co-ordinator was running 30 minutes behind on her scheduled appointments that morning as The Rothely Court Hotel is a very popular venue. We would not tell customers that we are unable to accommodate them, another member of staff, very knowledgeable about weddings, had offered their help until the wedding coordinator was available. We look forward to seeing you at your rescheduled appointment on Wednesday.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothley
Quorn Grange Hotel
Burleigh Court
Burleigh Court
#3 of 12 in Loughborough
Leicester Marriott Hotel

Been to Rothley Court? Share your experiences!