“Ideal for lunch dining”
Review of Rothley Court

Rothley Court
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothley
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is local to our residence, so it is not a venue that is used for full hotel facilities. However, we did stay some two years ago because of a house emergency and found the B and B stay was very good. It has recently had a large refurbishment programme carried out which was needed. It has considerable character dating back some centuries ,(has its own chapel) and excellent grounds.

The restaurant has improved greatly in the last few months and the food and cost are of excellent quality. The waiting on staff were also very good. We shall be reurni9ng to use the restaurant.

However! This hotel is let down by the "front of House" Staff. Reception and the bar can only be described as totally indifferent attitude. It took phone calls over two days to book a table for lunch.The telephone just did not get answered.
Having finally got an answer on the morning of the booking, we arrived for lunch. The receptionist completely ignored us, more interested in the computer programme. The bar staff also showed the same attitude, stating if I did not know the table number that had been booked for me, I could not add our drinks to the lunchtime bill, and would have to pay at the bar at the time of ordering.!.
Neither of these responses, coupled with the lack of telephone answering, inspired me with confidence.
Fortunately the lunch dining restored some of the confidence.
Having spent many years staying in hotels throughout the world at all levels, if I was considering visiting the this area in the future and staying at the Rothley Court, I would not consider it for a stay. However, I would eat in the restaurant only.
The relevant staff need to be reminded that first impressions are paramount to overall opinions and they certainly need training to achieved some level of customer care.
My overall grading shows my opinion of the hotel in general and does not reflect on the restaurants grading which is very good.

Room Tip: Restaurant very good, ambiance very good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidlandsCritical
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your lunch with but are sorry you were let down with the booking and also the bar.
We have changed our phone systems recently to try and solve this problem and hope that this will get better, I have passed on your comments about being ignored as we do pride ourselves in customer service.
I do hope you will try us again in the future and thank you for taking the time to comment on us.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in Leicestershire. We found the hotel clean and welcoming. Our room was of a decent size and came complete with a bath, somewhat of a luxury these days. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast consisted of a cold buffet and then a choice of various hot dishes from the menu. Dinner was fantastic value, with 3 courses available for less than £10. The quality of the vegetables was questionable but for that price you cannot argue. The hotel has a nice garden to stroll around with a river at the bottom of it. The fields surrounding the hotel are full of livestock and its relaxing to watch the rabbits and ducks whilst enjoying a glass of wine on the terrace. The staff were polite and very helpful, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have noted your comments regarding the vegetables and will pass them on so that we can hopefully improve them.
We hope you will visit us again in the future

Reviewed 12 April 2014

After recently having our Civil Partnership here, me and my partner were very happy with the way the day went. Everything was perfect and we enjoyed every second of it. You will always find a few little niggles wherever you go, and any that we came across were dealt with in a fast and professional manner. All that we wanted was to have a brilliant day with our family and friends. Not only did we enjoy it, so did everyone else who shared the day. A beautiful building in a beautiful location and looking very smart after it refurbishment. My Dad is returning for the night on Easter Sunday with my Mum to have another good look around and absorb everything properly this time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are all different and full of character with a lot of period features. Room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ASM-G23
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Rothley Court, I have passed on your kind remarks to all the staff and hope you will come and visit again in the future

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has to be the jewel in the Greene King crown. From the moment you arrive to moment you leave your never too far from a polite professional and extremely helpful member of staff. Our room was immaculate and the food was of a very high standard, I can't rate Rothley Court high enough.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank mark o
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second stay at the hotel and again a very nice stay. I ate in the bar, mixed grill good quality and superb view. I would recommend staying here and it is on my list next time I visit the area

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevnorth
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently went to a wedding at rothley court hotel prior to this stay I have never been here so i done my usual trick of looking at all the reviews. They were very mix so my mind was still open. When we arrived the location was just wonderful so picturesque and tranquil. Went to get checked in the receptionist was really polite and told me everything I needed to know. I was staying in the court mews just across from the main bounding, so I was a little sceptical of how fresh and in keeping with the hotels style it would be. When we got into our room we were not disappointed. Completely in keeping with the style very modern and fresh, bathroom was what you needed with a bath and they supply tea, coffee and biscuits which is always a nice refreshment! The wedding went smoothly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The wedding meal was lovely. And the evening reception was great. Returned to our room and had a peaceful sleep. In the morning breakfast was great a wide variety of food just what you need. You have to be checked out by 11. Went to reception was checked by "Ben". He was very polite and went through everything with us.

All in all what a pleasant stay and I will be recommending it to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nthorne63

Than you for your kind comments and I have passed them onto Ben as it is always nice to have positive feedback.
We are glad that the Wedding went so well and you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spent a lovely evening at Rothley Court to celebrate my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary. Visited earlier on the day and left table decorations which the staff dealt with for me. The staff were very attentive and the food was lovely. We will definitely be visiting again soon. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wendy K

We are please that your celebration went well at Rothley and I have passed on your comments to the staff, I do hope you will come and dine with us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothley
Quorn Grange Hotel
Quorn Country Hotel
Quorn Country Hotel
#9 of 12 in Loughborough
11 mi away
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
18 mi away
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
#22 of 41 in Leicester

Been to Rothley Court? Share your experiences!