“Pre wedding”
Review of Rothley Court

Rothley Court
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothley
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having booked our wedding here for September, we thought we would treat ourselves to a night away to see what it was like. The room, room 1, was lovely, very clean and cosy. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food and service were faultless. The front gardens looked lovely, however the back gardens were let down by the fountain not working and full of dirty water and cigarette ends along with the lights down the path broken and some missing. Considering there was a wedding on that day too, attention to detail let it down. I certainly hope these couple of things will be sorted by the time we have our wedding there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Racheal C
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on Rothley Court and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We did have a problem with the fountain pump but this has now been fixed and is in full working order.
I am sure you will have a magical day in September.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Rothley Court Hotel for just one night, but had a very pleasant stay. I was checked in by Laura, who was friendly and professional. I spent the first part of my evening drinking with friends on the patio area. Lovely early summer evening in cracking surroundings.. a great start. Having spent the rest of the evening in Leicester, I made my way to my room. I stayed in room 8, which had a 'queen' sized bed (a large single). The hotel has recently been refurbished and the presentation and cleanliness was excellent. I had a great nights sleep and although sadly didn't make it down in time for breakfast, checked out of the hotel having had a great experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 8 was great for solo travelers.. I found it to be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank dkitto
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your comments after your stay at Rothley, I am sure you would have enjoyed our breakfast as well.
We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

From the start of the day to the end of the evening, the staff at Rothley Court were simply fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for them to ensure that our big day went without a hitch.

A big shout out to Laura, who was our wedding co-ordinator. Steve on the day controlled everything and was simply fantastic. We weren't pressured with timings etc but were expertly guided by Steve as to how the day would run. He left no stone unturned and ensured we knew exactly what was going on without the stress of actually having to organise things ourselves.

The DJ was provided by the venue and Matt made sure he introduced himself and was very helpful when it came to the cutting of the cake. He was also good enough to incorporate our requests for music and incorporate them into the music he was playing.

The food was tasty and well presented and served with a smile by all members of staff.

The hotel has recently been refurbished and looks up to date but has maintained its vintage and classic look. The hotel itself is set in simply stunning grounds, which were perfectly maintained.

Our room (bedroom 6) was amazing. It was huge and looked brilliant. The sleep was very comfortable and the room itself was very clean and well presented. Our room overlooked the gardens of the hotel which was ace. I loved the original features and architecture of the hotel itself.

The staff at the hotel were very polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. Even though they worked long hours, they were still smiling and helpful right to the very end.

We cannot fault Rothley Court and we look forward to returning there again. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe P

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley after your wedding with us. We are glad that everything went so well and you enjoyed your day.
I have passed on all your comments to the staff and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Old English Inns had announced that the Rothley Court Hotel in Leicestershire had been refurbished - this was the opportunity to check it out! We weren't disappointed and as usual, the food was top notch. On the Friday evening, we were served dinner by Krisztina - a very pleasant young lady with a nice smile - always a pleasure to be served by a happy person. Beds very comfortable, room (in the annexe) clean and tidy. Hope to return later in the year.

Room Tip: I'm sure annexe rooms are quieter, especially when there is a wedding reception being held in th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob E
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay, I have passed on your comments to Krisztina and we look forward to seeing you later in the year.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Last Saturday (26 April) we came for lunch. The room was not busy at all and after asking if the Hickory Smoked Salmon Fillet came with the baby new potatoes regardless of whether I chose veg or salad I was told by the waitress it was salmon with potatoes and veg or salmon with salad. I ordered the salmon with salad and a side order of potatoes. She remarked that the salad portion would probably be ample without potatoes (I ignored the remark although I felt it was uncalled for).
The meals came out and mine was a surprise - yes I had the salmon but on the plate was a small portion of salad (not as described on menu) with a couple of new potatoes sliced on top! I asked the waitress where the soya beans where (they are listed on the menu) and she arrogantly said 'I took those off and put the potatoes on instead, thought you'd like that!' I was speechless. My husband did ask if I wanted it sorting but I didn't say anything at the time as my son and his fiance had taken us there to see if we liked it for their wedding venue and I didn't want to influence their decision. Several minutes into the meal the same waitress marched towards the table with a ramekin in her had, plonked it down in front of me saying ' this is for you as well'. It was coleslaw - not even listed with the salmon on the menu. However, the salmon was cooked to perfection but no way was the salad generous enough but would have been sufficient with a 'side' of potatoes!
There are a few points here which I believe would help customer relations, a) if you have run out of something listed on the menu (such as the beans) consult the customer as they are the ones who are eating the food; b) staff should remember the customers pay their wages and I eat out a lot and usually get on very well with all people but the lady who served us definitely had an attitude problem. A different lady served us after the main course and she was lovely, telling us about the history of the place as well as serving us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ivycottage37

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley court and I am sorry that your meal experience was not as good as it should have been. we pride ourselves in giving the best customer service we can and we obviously fell short on this visit. Please be sure that this has been addressed and we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were married at Rothley Court on the 25th April and from start to finish our day was wonderful. I stayed the night before in a family room in the annexe, the refurbishment had been done to a high standard and our room was lovely. We ate in the bar and the food was lovely. My sister stayed in room 2 in the main building and that again was well presented and lovely with wood paneling , for the night of the wedding we stayed im room 6, which was fabulous . The staff were all great and really helpful at all times and I could not fault the help and service they provided , the venue is lovely and the refurb has transformed it . My friends and family thought it was wonderful
and enjoyed the day , the wedding went without hitch and the food was lovely and well presented . The DJ at night was great and we had a fantastic evening doo ! Breakfast was good and a really good selection available. In summary Rothley Court is a beautiful old building full of history , it's a perfect wedding venue and I can not understand anyone picking fault as I am very ok picky and rate it 10 out of 10. !
Thank you so much Rothley Court for making our day ! It's a shame you couldn't fix the weather. !

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Andrea C
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I am please that your day went so well for you and you enjoyed it, I have passed on your comments to the staff.
We do hope that you will come and see us again in the future may be if not before around your first anniversary.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is local to our residence, so it is not a venue that is used for full hotel facilities. However, we did stay some two years ago because of a house emergency and found the B and B stay was very good. It has recently had a large refurbishment programme carried out which was needed. It has considerable character dating back some centuries ,(has its own chapel) and excellent grounds.

The restaurant has improved greatly in the last few months and the food and cost are of excellent quality. The waiting on staff were also very good. We shall be reurni9ng to use the restaurant.

However! This hotel is let down by the "front of House" Staff. Reception and the bar can only be described as totally indifferent attitude. It took phone calls over two days to book a table for lunch.The telephone just did not get answered.
Having finally got an answer on the morning of the booking, we arrived for lunch. The receptionist completely ignored us, more interested in the computer programme. The bar staff also showed the same attitude, stating if I did not know the table number that had been booked for me, I could not add our drinks to the lunchtime bill, and would have to pay at the bar at the time of ordering.!.
Neither of these responses, coupled with the lack of telephone answering, inspired me with confidence.
Fortunately the lunch dining restored some of the confidence.
Having spent many years staying in hotels throughout the world at all levels, if I was considering visiting the this area in the future and staying at the Rothley Court, I would not consider it for a stay. However, I would eat in the restaurant only.
The relevant staff need to be reminded that first impressions are paramount to overall opinions and they certainly need training to achieved some level of customer care.
My overall grading shows my opinion of the hotel in general and does not reflect on the restaurants grading which is very good.

Room Tip: Restaurant very good, ambiance very good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidlandsCritical

We are glad that you enjoyed your lunch with but are sorry you were let down with the booking and also the bar.
We have changed our phone systems recently to try and solve this problem and hope that this will get better, I have passed on your comments about being ignored as we do pride ourselves in customer service.
I do hope you will try us again in the future and thank you for taking the time to comment on us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothley
Quorn Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
Burleigh Court
Burleigh Court
#3 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Rothley Court? Share your experiences!