My husband and I wanted to book a special stay in a luxurious hotel for my husbands parents 40th anniversary and Dalhousie Castle Hotel seemed to fit the bill. We were unable to book the room that we really fancied but ended up booking the Dalhousie room on the advice of the hotel. The room was in the tower of the castle and had the potential to be very impressive but unfortunately the cream carpet was covered in stains. Surely with the prices of rooms per night, a few well placed rugs would be prudent? This large room was fairly sparsely populated with furniture. We just felt that more could have been made of this potentially amazing castle room.
Having said all this, the hotel brought up a couple of glasses of champagne to the in laws at midnight which was a really lovely touch and all the staff were a real credit to the hotel. Despite the carpet stains, the in laws were delighted with their visit although my husband and I would not probably book that room again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie