We stayed at Dalhousie for a wedding for two nights. The castle is amazing from the outside and had the added bonus of snow while we were here. Inside the decor is in keeping with the castle theme and the atmosphere is great. We ate in the dungeon restaurant one evening which was lovely.
The reasons I've only given three stars are:
Price: it is very expensive to stay here! We paid almost £400 for two nights in a standard room. I'm not convinced it is worth that
Noise: being a castle you can understand that the soundproofing might not be up to scratch but after two nights of very little sleep (kept awake/woken up by the people in the room above and comings and goings on the staircase near our room) I wouldn't recommend this hotel for some R&R.
Spa: if you're looking for a spa hotel I'd recommend finding another because the spa really only consists of a large jacuzzi and a steam room.
A lovely hotel but doesn't quite match up to the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie