From the first moment we drove down the approach to the castle we were filled with a magical sense of history. The team were great from Check in through to departure. We had a fantastic 4 poster room which had a sense of style and authenticity and we could imagine the figures from history who may have stayed there during the castle's long history. We enjoyed a relaxing hour in the spa and the most wonderful meal in the atmospheric Dungeon Restaurant. The food was top class and the evening was made complete when Andrew Sharpe talked through some of the castle history and some of the ghostly occurrences.
In the morning after a lovely Scottish breakfast we had a stroll in the grounds which were lovely on a sunny spring morning. We have read a number of reviews saying the castle looks worn and in need of decoration but we just do not agree as the aesthetics of the castle reflect the history and authenticity and any improvements need to be carefully planned to maintain the look and feel of this wonderful place. We will definitely return to this magical place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie