This wonderful Castle has an imposing first impression when you drive up and there is no dissapointment when you go inside. Staff are very friendly and helpful, we arrived early and our room was not ready, staff immediatley offered to store our luggage while we spent the day in Edinburgh. We were provided with maps and information on the park and ride service which was very helpful. When we returned to the Hotel later that night our bags had been moved to our room and the night porter walked us to our room to ensure that everything was in order. Breakfast was very good and the atmosphere of the orangerie was bright and friendly, again staff were attentive without being intrusive. We did not eat in the dungeon restaurant as it seemed a bit pricey but it did look amazing. The grounds of the Castle were beautiful and well kept, it was interesting to see the falconers in the grounds. Our room was a standard room, quite nice and very comfortable with a lovely clean well appointed bathroom. True Castle ambiance with wonderful friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie