Stayed for 3 days while attending a business function in the castle. It's a neat place to stay with history everywhere and only a few minutes out of town. I stayed in one of the themed rooms and it was very large with a canopied 4-poster bed. Very high ceilings and a large bathroom. Even a pants presser in the room. Breakfast in the dungeon was very good as were our other meals in the Orangery. The grounds are very relaxing with a burbling brook and an incredible falconry establishment. If you follow the river back to the east you will find the ruins of a very old 2 story roundhouse made of rock from the river. Be prepared for the stairs as nearly everything is up or down a couple of flights of stairs. The reason I gave it 4 stars is that it was last updated several decades ago and the rooms and furnishings are looking a bit shabby. But hey, it's a real castle. What else would you expect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie