My wife and I have just got back from a three day stay at Dalhousie Castle Hotel. The hotel was very clean and although the room was not massive it was spotless. The bed was beautifully carved, befitting a castle. Stopping late each day at the Endinburgh Fringe Festival, we are unable to comment on the evening meals, but are able to say the breakfast was top class. What we would most like to mention though was the friendliness of the staff. Every one was helpfull and seem to go that extra mile to make the stay a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. We expect to be stopping here again next year.
Get a room near to the reception if you want good wifi reception. This was the only thing that I was disappointed with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie