This castle is now a hotel & restaurant & event venue! It is from 13th century! So beautiful! We had dinner here. Our dining room had a very period look and also a cozyness! Wait staff were awesome! Meal was awesome! Our menu gave us choices! I chose Cream of Leek Soup as my starter- loved it! Had Fillet of Scottish Beef with a Whisky sauce, Parsley & Purple Garlic Puree with Pearl Barley as Main Course. So Good! I chose Scottish Strawberries, Arlette, Consomme' & Iced Souffle With Balsamic Meringue as dessert! Delicious! Would highly recommend! Would like to come back and stay in hotel- Not very far from Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie