My friend was given an afternoon tea voucher for her birthday and invited me to come with her. For the price, I expected something better. After arriving at a tiny reception area and told to follow the signs for the conservatory, we eventually found it. We were given a glass of champagne, then given a small pot of tea with one tea bag. Not very exciting. I thought there would be a choice. The tea had to be stirred and stirred to get any colour, presumable a cheap tea bag. The cake stand came with sandwiches, scones and cakes but nothing very exciting. The conservatory was covered in plastic plants. I'd rather there was no greenery rather than plastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie