My wife and I stayed here on 13 December for a surprise bithday for my wife.
The staff were courteous and polite upon arrival, provided all the relevant information we required.
Our room was the William Wallace room which was super, it has a balcony leading out onto the castle roof & although the weather and season meant that it could not be fully enjoyed it was still a fantastic quirky added attraction.
The staff put a bottle of bubbly with ice in our room at no extra charge, for my wife's birthday, a lovely touch.
The room was full of character, it was large, with a superb bed.
We tried the spa which was great, one drawback was no staff member was on hand to provide towels etc. the Turkish bath was a surprise & we both thoroughly enjoyed that, well worth a visit...
The dungeon resturant was fantastic, the food was excellent although very overpriced, not enough selection for me though.
We decided to have our breakfast brought to our room (at no extra charge) it was first class, with everything we asked for.
Overall a lovely place, probably better experienced at a better time of the year to fully experience the walks etc.
Not far away from a top hotel
Bravo to the staff!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie