I've wanted to visit Dalhousie for some time after reading many reviews on trip advisor. but was put off by the £300 p/n room rate, so when an itison deal came on for £139 for DBB I took 2 nights. I stayed in the Robert the Bruce themed room the only reason it was themed on the Bruce we believed was a tapestry on the wall bearing his image. If I had paid £300 a night for the room I would've asked for a refund, we were shocked to have 2 single beds pushed together and an old couch that was falling apart (being held up by the bed). We were told the bar was 24hour so again we were astonished when the abrupt bar man who we later found out is called Derek shut up shop and left us sitting there without telling us he was leaving or that we only had to dial 0 to have someone come up and get us a drink. On a plus point the food was absolutely superb and the team in the Orangery were fantastic. Fantastic views as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie