Me and a friend went for a spa day at the castle, we live locally so didn't need to stay overnight. Overall the castle is pretty impressive, has lovely views and has lots of character! The spa could do with a bit of a facelift if I'm being honest, one of the rooms doesn't work so really it only had a steam room and a jacuzzi bath which is a bit disappointing for a place like this. However our massages were really nice.
We went for afternoon tea in the orangery restaurant which was amazing, every part of it was brilliant and dietary requirements are very well catered for, as are likes and dislikes! Could not fault anything we had.
Really nice day but the spa is a bit of a disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie