Just had the most amazing wedding day at Dalhousie Castle. I can't even begin to explain how brilliant the staff were. Mhari the events planner was so helpful before the day with answering questions and facilitating and changes I wanted to make. I had asked for Mhari fish and chip cones for buffet which were not on the option list but this was no problem along with several other items that I asked to change. I arrived on the day before the wedding along with a number of family and friends. Nick was great at helping some of my friends and family find a good restaurant in Dublin. 14 close family members ate in the dungeon restaurant which was amazing. The food was really 5 star and the chef brought out several extra tasters in between courses. We had a private room which felt intimate and really special and the service was brilliant. Several family members also had food in the Orangery and they too said it was great.
I thought I would have lots of work to do helping set the tables but all I had to do was leave lots of boxes downstairs and it was all done for me. The staff worked really hard to make sure everything was perfect. This was great as it just meant I could totally relax the day before. On my wedding day I got ready in a family members room as some of the rooms are quite dark for doing make up but this was not a problem. Damian the master of ceremony is a complete star. He is so good at his job and was very professional along with being warm and caring. Even small touches such as having iced water for us just before we entered the chapel and calming my nerves were greatly appreciated. The chapel looked amazing and fitted the 90 guests perfectly while creating a romantic atmosphere. After the ceremony staff were diligent at making sure everyone had a glass of champagne and canapés and were very polite. We were running a little late for the wedding breakfast as we wanted some more photos and Damian adjusted for this. The room that we had our meal in looked stunning. It looked like it was straight out of a bridal magazine and I was chuffed. Damian let us see the room before the other guests to check that we were happy and then gave us a glass of champagne and gave us 10 minutes alone to be with each other. This was really nice just to have 10 mins to see how my new husband was doing and calm his nerves before his speech. Service again could not be faulted at dinner. Glasses were constantly being topped up and several friends and family said that they loved their waiter or waitress. I have a chatty friendly bunch of friends and family and the staff were more that happy to engage with them. This helped create a less formal and more relaxed atmosphere that we were eager to create.
Such a perfect venue for a very special day. I have had so many compliments from friends and family that I needed to pass on so that they know they are doing a good job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie