first of all, it took a hour for us to explore all the hallways, staircases, hidden shortcuts and so on. Of course the very friendly staff would alwas help us. The room was cozy and lovely decorated, 76 stair steps above ground. We also liked the winter garden reataurant (Orangerie), its view, dinner and breakfast. We did not try the fine dungeon restaurant. Next time. The surrounding is beautiful, too. We found a couple of beautiful trails. The library also offers a nice view, drinks are being serves from a bar behind a hidden bookshelf door. We have been there for the first time, but hopefully not the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie