We spent one night at the castle - I had requested a room with stone walls as I wanted the total castle experience. The suite was amazing - a bit worn, but that is what I expected. The old well was in the floor of our lower level room and it truly felt like the real deal. We had our evening mean in the dungeon restaurant and the food was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast - also fabulous. The only thing I regret is that we did not arrive early enough to take advantage of the spa and massage services. That would have made the experience complete.
The only negative I had about the whole experience was the bathtub in the suite. It could use a good scrubbing and a few repairs. It did not feel clean enough to actually sit in the bath although for a shower it was okay. Everything else - very good. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie