We went to Dalhousie castle for Hogmanay Celebrations. The food was wonderful and the restaurant staff were the most polite people you could meet. As we paid £1400 for 3 nights stay I don't think we ever could have got value for money so it wasn't much of a surprise that it didn't live up to our expectations. If you can, book a castle themed room as people were raving about them. we stayed in the lodge which is a short walk over a narrow bridge and although it says there is a steam room and Jacuzzi they mean a bath big enough for two. The spa is only small and the staff were a bit rude Unfortunately, as the taxi's were all charging double fare we never got to see Edinburgh, only the airport.. my advise is go out of season and drive if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie