We stayed in this hotel as we are thinking of getting married in Scotland. We had only seen photos on the net and as we have learnt to our cost these are not always a real reflection of the environs of out of city hotels. This hotel was beyond our expectations and better than we had imagined. Unlike one of the previous reviewers we thought it was very accessible and quite near Edinburgh but retained an isolated feel. We stayed in the lodge and it was lovely and literally a stones throw from the castle itself. The service is top notch and the library bar remained nicely quiet foe those cigar and single malt moments! My fiancee availed of the spa facilities and informs me they where of a good quality. Also with it being winter we expected the castle to be even a bit drafty-not a bit of it- it was very cosy. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie