My husband and I stayed at Dalhousie Castle in May 2010, as part of a honeymoon present. Being big fans of the movie Braveheart, we opted for the William Wallace room and it did not disappoint. The room was right at the top of the castle and was incredible. Lavishly decorated and a four-poster bed and your very own balcony -- we felt like royalty.
As part of our booking we enjoyed a meal in the 'Dungeon restaurant' which is part of the hotel - it seemed like an endless amount of servings that were each more delicious than the previous one.
The staff were very helpful in directing us to nearby bus services (about a 10 minute walk from the castle) and the trip into the ciy centre on the bus was an easy one.
Nothing was too much of a hassle for the staff and their attention to detail was supurb. Being gluten intolerant I requested to see a more extensive menu for dinner at a point and had no issues in finding something I could have. The staff even provided gluten-free bread with my meal -- something I was definitely not expecting.
The rooms were spotless and everything we could have asked for.
The grounds of the castle make for great walks and a map was provided for this. The scenrey of the area is beautiful.
We had a wonderful stay and hope that if we return to Scotland in the future we will be able to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie