We stayed here on the Friday night before we got married and there were quite a few of us staying. We got there about 4pm and reception were great. They asked if we would like the porter but we managed all our baggage ourselves. After getting myself unpacked for the wedding the next day I headed to the Library to meet everyone for a drink. What a relaxing place it was.
We had booked the Dungeon Restaurant for 7pm that night so about 18:15 we all met back in the library for a wee drink before the meal. They brought us out some canapes which was a nice touch. Once everyone arrived we were led down to the Dungeon and as we had a big group we got our own private room in the Dungeon which was lovely.
The meal was fantastic as they took your order in the Library so once you get to the Dungeon you can just relax and chat. We had a 5 course meal, 3 courses were chosen by yourself and the other 2 the chef chooses for you, which was a bit different.
After dinner we went back to my mother in laws room, as this wasn't very big I suggested they all came down to the honeymoon suite where I was on the Fri and Sat night as this had a big living area and a seperate bedroom up some stairs.
The honeymoon suite is located at the very bottom of the castle so to be honest there isn't really a view. But this didn't really bother me as I wasn't at the hotel for views. The bed was really comfortable and I had a great nights sleep.
The cooked breakfast in the morning was just what I needed to fill my stomach for the day ahead.
The wedding co-ordinator Mhari was fantastic. So was all the staff. The General Manager/Master of Ceremonys was just excellant and the wedding day went without a hitch. It was very well organised and very enjoyable. Our Wedding breakfast was really delicious too.
Would I go back, yes I would and we are planning on staying over on our first anniversary again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie