As an experience to stay in a castle in a great location then this hotel fits the bill. We stayed in a themed room, it was large with a comfortable four poster bed and good views of the countryside. The bathroom was also large, spotless and of a good quality.
The food at the hotel is also very good, we ate dinner in the Orangery which is also where breakfast with served, It's a pleasant space with good views, although the service
was a little slow at times.
My girlfriend had a massage at the Spa which was extra but not overpriced and she was suitably impressed afterwards!
We stayed during the Edinburgh festival (the hotel is within 10 mins of the Edinbrugh ring road and a park & ride site) so we paid the standard rate making the night rather expensive. Would definitely go back but would look to go at a less popular time and get a deal through one of the travel websites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie