To say that we were disappointed is a gross understatement…
Errors in reservations, dreadful state of the themed rooms – I cannot begin to explain the shocking state of the bathrooms (mildew on ceilings and around bath, peeling wallpaper etc.) not to mention the fact that appliances did not work. For £260 per room night, I expected FAR more.
It must however be said that the duty manager did what she could to correct the reservation error. Furthermore, dinner in the Dungeon was indeed superb.
Overall the experience was deplorable – I fail to see how this hotel got the rating it has…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie