My fiancee and I spent 2 nights in this hotel and had a wonderful time. Our room wasn't ready when we got here (arrived about 4 hours early) so we stored our bags and went for a walk around the grounds. They have some nice trails around the back of the hotel and we were able to visit the falcons and owls that are kept on the property.
When we got to our room it was very clean and nicely decorated, we had a private balcony looking over the back of the castle which was nice to sit out on and eat breakfast that was delivered to our room in the mornings.
One night we ate in the Dungeon restaurant and had a great time. We both though that the food was wonderful and they were able to accommodate my fiancee who is a vegetarian. While each of the 5 courses of the meal were a little smaller than most places we both thought their sizes were perfect as we both left dinner satisfied. It was one of the best meals we had during our 10 day trip to the UK.
The reception ladies seemed a bit overwhelmed with so many people checking in/out (a wedding had just taken place at the castle) but this can happen any place.
If you want to go into Edinburgh there is a convenient park-n-ride that's not too far away that was very convenient to catch a bus from as we didn't want to deal with driving into town and trying to find some place to park.
We both look forward to staying here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg, Scotland
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie