“Great food and service”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Bonnyrigg
Price range: US$13 - US$54
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian restaurant that works hard to give the locals the very best in Italian cuisine. With a proven record of quality, we show off many of our accolades as soon as you walk through the front door. It doesn't end there. With great food comes world class customer service.. Sceptical? Come try us out for yourself!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant is a hidden gem. The food and service were excellent, starter, main course and dessert were all faultless, highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As food & service go it is difficult to fault the restaurant. Been there numerous occasions & each time could find no faults in that respect. However, on the previous 3 occasions I have went for a meal we had to form part of a queue within the restaurant to await a table coming available. Having booked a table in advance on each of these occasions it was a bit of a "downer" to have to hang around with many others before we were found a table. We averaged about about a 25 min delay which in this day & age is not something I would expect in a highly rated restaurant. I had refrained from expressing my disappointment via this forum but having suffered the same experience on Friday night I felt compelled to voice my concerns. I had booked a table with friends from USA & it was rather embarrassing to say the least to virtually endure a 30 minute delay before being escorted to our table. Really, not acceptable.

So can I strongly urge the Restuarant Management to urgently review their booking system. I fear that your good/regular customers might vote with their feet if you don't address this issue as a matter of urgency. My comments might seem harsh but are unquestionably fair !

I do really enjoy coming to the restaurant as it's got great atmosphere, great service & great food. So can I please ask you to re-assess your booking system to ensure the WHOLE experience of coming to your place is far more pleasurable from start to finish. Thanks !

14  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Gigi's on a Wednesday night and had the 12.50 menu. It was excellent and I will definitely be returning. Staff was usual were very good.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Probably one of the best Italian restaurants I have dined in outside a major city -and it beats most of them hands down. So far we have only experienced the evening menu and loved it - its not a romantic hideaway and I wouldn't recommend it for a cosy chat in the evening - it's so popular it attracts lots of fun people. The music is corny but I bet you are singing or at least humming along after a few arias .Excellent menu, good choice and a fine wine list. But we had a spare lunch time and gave it a try. Surprise surprise! - It's just as good and a wee bit quieter- although it still has the singing waiter(s) - and we still sang along. The major plus point is that you are getting evening quality at day time prices. Three course for twelve pounds something can't be bad and no stinting on portions. The highlight was a main course of pasta with white wine and shrimps. Excellent. Really good ice cream for dessert. Full to bursting and pleasantly surprised at the bill. You will pay for drinks but hey - you only live once - enjoy!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian restaurant we have been to, fantastic food , excellent service and great atmosphere , not to be missed .