“Planning out next visit !!!!!”

Abbot's Fireside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Elham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Was driving through and stopped on the off chance and we couldn't have been more pleased we did! I started with the crispy duck, followed by a whopping pie! (Which I shall order again) finished with a hot chocolate brownie. Can't wait to go back, really enjoyed the experience! You should definitely check it out.

There are newer reviews for Abbot's Fireside Restaurant

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I tend not to write reviews, as I beleive an establishment should speak for itself but every know and again I do like to give feedback when it is due. Over the latter years of my life I have visited the Abbots on 5 different occasions and must say that my recent visit is the most memorable. I love seeing old establishments gain a new lease on life and their ageing charm be rekindled anew.
The atmosphere within the Abbots was more bussling and alive then I have felt it been on previous visits, this being complimented and added to by both its guests and staff alike. Without realising it, everyone within was feeding its renewed energy, just through the enjoyment of being there.
The food and wine menus were wonderful, in both their variety and pricing. Its always nice to have a good selecction of choices when you go out to dine. The staff were pleasant and attentive, carrying a both professional but friendly demeanor.
I have not had the pleasure of meeting the new owner yet, but look forward to congratulating him on putting Abbots back on the map, when I return in the future.
Anyone who finds themselfs near Elham or simply wondering where to go for a good eveing out, I deeply recommend not passing up the Abbots. I very much doubt you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We came here shortly after the new management team took over, and decided to come back to see how things were going. WOW!! The place, whilst retaining all it's charm has undergone a huge change - all for the better.

Waiting staff were attentive but not intrusive. Great wine menu which was all available. Would be great if staff knew a little more about the wine, but I was very impressed with what I saw.

Food was good. Portions were a little too big but loved the menu. Well thought out and caters for all tastes. Don't change it!!

All in all, this place is a must if you fancy a great evening out. We are coming back for lunch and to make use of the fab new terrace.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I'm not one for reading reviews. I prefer word of mouth however in this case after a great night out and top dinning in a very comfortable and truly attentive restaurant I thought I would check out what others had to say about the Abbots and I am truly surprised at what some have said !!! I found the service second to none and the food was exceptional and as for the music well it just added to the ambience of the occasion even though I'm not a fan of Johnny Mathis !!!
I can highly recommend the Abbots and will do so to all my friends and family. I can only suggest to others when reading a review check what that reviewer has said about other establishments and you might find there is a trend that they are never happy. Some find a glass half full and others half empty some like music others prefer a library.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice to find some good food in an nice atmosphere at a reasonable price, I had the crispy duck to start, which was lovey followed by pie with mashed potato. Great atmosphere and very friendly staff, definitely one to reccommend.