“Flat as a pancake” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Aylmerton B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Flat as a pancake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here recently and just could not get excited about the accommodation.Pool and hot tub monopolised by a family with teenage children.When we phoned to book we believed the buildings were all separate but this was not the case.We had to search out a staff member on arriving to collect the keys and were quickly shown around the complex, between then and ordering breakfast the next morning we saw noone else to speak to.Yes,very quiet ,out of the way off the beaten track etc etc but slightly soulless.
A five star property with so few amenities probably not.

6 Thank ROBINONorwich
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations ....after we show the guests around we always leave them to enjoy their stay without interruption which is what the majority of our guests want , peace and quiet....as for not all the rooms being on their own in the grounds our website does explain how the rooms are made up with pictures clearly showing how they are configured. No guests have exclusive use of the pool, and I am surprised if you stayed over a couple of days there was no time the pool was not free for your use....I can only apologise . your definition of us as soul less and flat as you were only there bed and breakfast and did not come over to the conservatory for a drink it does not give us much opportunity to build a relationship with you...conversation is always a two way thing and I know my staff would have tried to engage with you at breakfast , but your comments have been noted and discussed at our staff meetings which we have daily and we will try harder....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Letchworth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were just booked into the hotel for one night dinner bed and breakfast. We stayed in the Bracken Room.
I can only agree with all the other excellent reviews and the hotel certainly exceeded our high expectations. The location was idyllic and the grounds beautiful. We enjoyed luxuriating in our room and making use of the swimming pool.
The food was excellent and very well presented but best of all we enjoyed the convivial atmosphere in the conservatory for pre dinner drinks and in the dining room.
We will return.

Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
So glad you have found us, and hope this will be one of many trips to come....
Yes because the restaurant is intimate it allows people to get to know each other and exchange stories...which all adds to your experience with us, and it's always makes you feel better when you have had a good laugh......it's the best form of medicine in my book.........
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myself and a friend recently had a 2 night break here and have both been raving about it since. The lodge is simply stunning and is a great escape from busy city life. We had a beautiful room, which was far beyond our expectations and were impressed by the facilities. We both felt thoroughly relaxed and the owners went out of their way to make sure that we wanted for nothing.
We booked dinner at the lodge for our first night and were very impressed. The menu offered a good selection of dishes and it was clear that the ingredients were of a good quality and were cooked very well. We were disappointed that we had alternative plans for the second night, as we both wanted to eat at the lodge again!
I would also recommend booking a treatment with the lodge's beauty therapist, Sarah. Both myself and my friend were very impressed with the massages that we had and I personally felt very invigorated by my Swedish massage, which really loosened up my neck and shoulders.
All in all, we left thoroughly relaxed and content, which was exactly what we had hoped from our break away, and I cannot recommend Felbrigg Lodge highly enough. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are so lucky to have Sarah our therapist on the team at Felbrigg, she is amazing and is a very talented.
Hope you feel your batteries have been recharged and you are ready to face whatever life throws at you again....You know where we are when you want to step off the world for some tlc...

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I recently had a five day stay with my wife who had booked special Dinner, B&B offer via the WI magazine - the stay was delightful and you can take it that everything the brochure says about the place is fact - you get exactly what it says on the tin.

We were met at reception and given a tour before being shown to The Bramble Suite, our accommodation, which had a huge comfortable sleigh bed, a walk in wardrobe and a large beautifully designed modern bathroom with both bath and shower. Sky TV was available as was WI-FI, albeit unsecured but of excellent signal strength.

Everything was first rate - the menu was varied, the food was well prepared and served in good sized portions by staff who were cheerful, friendly and most helpful - nothing was a problem. Everyone knew exactly what they were doing and enjoyed doing it. I liked that.

We had a wonderful break with some lovely walks and a visit to the Felbrigg Hall, a NT property that adjoins the Lodge and is well worth a visit - don't miss the church.

We enjoyed every minute and I have no doubt that we will be back.

Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are so happy , you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Felbrigg Lodge.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Believe the hype......it really is that good. Returned with my Mum for our second 3 night break in 6 months. The afternoon cream tea in the conservatory on Mother's day was superb. The accommodation, grounds, staff, breakfasts and evening meals were all faultless and a credit to the Norfolk hospitality industry. We'll be back.....

Stayed April 2014
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
It was lovely to see you both again, and I am glad it was just as good the second time around....
Your mum clearly loves spending quality time with you and it was the best mothers day present you could have given her....the gift of time is always the best gift of all....

Until the next time take care....

Derbyshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was looking forwards to my visit, and although the Lodge is stunning, I found 1 member of staff abrupt and quite snappy, this female I believe to be an owner. Philip was lovely, but my stay was spoilt by the other person.

The rooms and facilities are fine, and the food is nice and the fact we were able to take our dog was brilliant and for this I thank The Lodge very much.

I will not be returning, as my stay was spoilt

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Indyhop
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for writing about your stay at Felbrigg Lodge...I was horrified to read your experience and would like to talk to you about this further but as you have not indicated exactly when you stayed or which lodge you stayed in I can only suggest you call me on 01263 837588 or email me at info@felbrigglodge.co.uk and I can look into the matter further and establish who you are.. Thankfully this is not the experience most of the guests have , as you will see if you read other reviews. I am rather curious as to who you are, as I have no recollection of having a personality clash with anyone and to have spoilt your stay in the manner you describe I feel sure I would have remembered you....

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience
DeeDee Lomax (owner)
suffolk united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary .great choice relaxing loverly setting.rooms large and comfy with large sofa ,loads of room for us and 2 dogs.good walks directly from hotel into felbrigg park .great touch of complimentry champagne on arrival thanks to deedee and Philip .food was first class and staff excellent.will be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Anniversaries are such special times , we are so glad you spent it with us.....Being so close to Felbrigg Park it is ideal for dog walking and for watching the wildlife, lots of birds have been seen on the new marshland created in the park, how lucky are we to have it all just a stones throw away.

Hope to see you again later in the year.

DeeDee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylmerton
Cromer Country Club
The Hoste
#1 of 2 in Burnham Market
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Felbrigg Lodge? Share your experiences!