“Don't do it.”

Grill Room Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Deganwy
Cuisines: Grill, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set on the banks of the Conwy Estuary, overlooking the historic medievil town of Conwy with a backdrop of coastal mountains, the Grill Room offers a fantastic dining experience. The Quay Hotel and Spa provides a contemporary yet stylish setting, discreet but attentive service and, of course, excellent food. The Grill Room is simply decorated with vistas across the water setting the scene, keeping to a subtle but plush palate, complete with comfortable seating and immaculate place settings. The mouth watering menu includes a large range of local, seasonal Welsh produce and cleverly created dishes, using fine ingredients and beautiful presentation. A choice of A La Carte or Table d’Hote is available.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

First and last visit to this place. Sausage and mash £16.95 - comprised of three (barely larger than chipolata) sausages, mashed potatoes, "gravy" and the most appalling carrots; there seemed to be some kind of skin on these and totally tasteless. Lacking in both quality and quantity.
In fairness, the service was quite good but certainly no tip was left.

Steve O, General Manager at Grill Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Guest

Firstly let me apologise for the disappointing dining experience you encountered during a recent visit to the Grill Room. I have spoken to my Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef in order to ensure that we improve the quality and quantity offered.

Your valued feedback is very much appreciated and if you would like to discuss the matter further I would very much welcome speaking to you and would ask you to contact me directly.
Good to know the service was good and I trust I can restore your confidence in the future quality you may expect from the Quay Hotel.

Kind regards

Steve Ogden – General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Ordered Salmon & Lemon Mayonnaise sandwich and my daughter had Hot Steak, Red Onion & Cheddar sandwich, she also ordered a bowl of chips on the side, the sandwiches came on a slate plate and a mini deep fryer basket of home made chips & salad garnish, no need for the extra portion of chips! Very Nice and fresh Bread

Steve O, General Manager at Grill Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, delighted to know your enjoyed Lunch at the Quay. Good to know the chips were plentiful and of your appreciation of our fresh bread.

Look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion - why not try Dinner next time ?

Reviewed 16 September 2012

The menu had enough choice for everyone.
We had the mussels and a pressed chicken starter - which were both excellent.
Our main courses were Duck and Sea Bass, which which both cooked to perfection.
Our pudding was a Souffle with gingerbread ice-cream. You have to wait about 10 minutes for the souffles to be cooked, but please try this as it is well worth the wait. Tasted superb.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous feedback, delighted to know you appreciated our menu choice and enjoyed an excellent meal. Good to know the 10 minutes required to create the Souffle with gingerbread ice-cr3eam was worth the wait !

Look forward to seeing you again for another superb dining experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Being local I have been to the Quay many times, each time the service is very hit and miss and I vow never to return. As it was a lovely sunny day, my sister requested we went there for her birthday lunch. Sat outside and enjoyed the view. Waitress took order on next table and ignored us. Came with their order and I could see we were about to be ignored again so asked if we could order some drinks and get a menu, drinks arrived, but must have been tricky remembering 2 things at once, as she'd forgotten the menu. She never came back to take our order so I had to ask another passing waiter. Food arrived with the most anemic chips I've seen, which usually mean they were yesterday's unused batch. No cutlery, asked for some and some salt and waited and waited and waited.....eventually I went in to the restaurant and got everything we needed off a table. When the waiter did arrive with meals for the next table, he was obviously in the can't remember more than 1 thing club as he'd obviously long forgotten he was supposed to be brining them. The 2 waitresses in green t shirts just kept appearing with trays of drinks, looking like the terminally bemused with not a clue who they were for. Ordered a coffee and that was the best part of the meal, as it turned up without me having to go and look for it, It is so frustrating eating there as there seems to be a cast of thousands in black suits bustling around looking important - well train your staff properly in Custer Service please. They obviously never read these reviews as it doesn't ever get any better.......

1  Thank Mat1lda1

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that your dining experience fell short of expectations and the Quay failed to offer the standards we would have wished. I have spoken with my Food & Beverage Managers to address the disappointing issues and urgent training requirements.

I would very much like to discuss the points raised with you and would welcome a telephone call from you in order that I may persuade you to try the Quay Hotel again and assure you of a much improved operation.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Menu was ok although not a massive selection- but a little over priced really. The meals themselves were presented well and tasted good.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding our wide selection of dishes, delighted to know you found them presented well and tasted good. Your feedback regarding prices will be considered at our next menu review meeting.

Look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Kind regards