“Evening Meal with Friends”

Grill Room Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Deganwy
Cuisines: Grill, Welsh
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set on the banks of the Conwy Estuary, overlooking the historic medievil town of Conwy with a backdrop of coastal mountains, the Grill Room offers a fantastic dining experience. The Quay Hotel and Spa provides a contemporary yet stylish setting, discreet but attentive service and, of course, excellent food. The Grill Room is simply decorated with vistas across the water setting the scene, keeping to a subtle but plush palate, complete with comfortable seating and immaculate place settings. The mouth watering menu includes a large range of local, seasonal Welsh produce and cleverly created dishes, using fine ingredients and beautiful presentation. A choice of A La Carte or Table d’Hote is available.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Pleasant restaurant with fair selection of dishes. Service very good and reasonable wine list. Easy parking at complex

1  Thank MarathonMan427

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great food, great service and great feeling of not being rushed.
This must be one of the best places in the to eat.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We ate in the Grill Room as we were residents at the hotel and had booked a package. The inclusive breakfast was excellent so I had high expactations of the dinner.
My over riding impression was that it was...OK...Not terrible by any means, but not amazing, I wouldn't rush to recommend it.
The food was all very nice and the choices were good, however the amount of salt in the food was overpowering. My husband's first comment when he tasted his soup, was "You'd hate it, it's really salty" (I tried it, he was right) My main was also overly salty, not so much as to make the dish inedible, but it was certainly overpowering.
The deserts were great, and good size servings too.
The other problem we had was that there was a party of 6 people on a nearby table who were unbelievably loud (to the point of being rude) The 5 couples who were dining hardly had conversations as they consisted of yelling 'Pardon' at quiet intervals to try to understand what the other was saying. I'm pleased to say that one of the waiters did ask them to quieten down but they grumbled that 'it's nice when people are enjoying each others company' - not to the point of cackling so loudly no one else can hear!!!
This is obvoiusly not the fault of the restaurant, but as they seated everyone together in the top corner and there are hardly any soft furnishings, it made the situation worse.
I wouldn't say, don't go, if you get a package with an evening meal in then it would be fine but I wouldn't pay the list prices.
On the positve side, the staff were lovely, polite and attentive, I'd give them, the dessert and the setting 5/5
We also visited Paysanne restaurant which would definitely be my preferred choice
We stayed in the hotel which I have reviewed separately.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The menu is a possibly little limited, but not too fancy. Most people will find something they'll like on it, and it is fresh and locally sourced. You can actually see the chefs preparing and cooking the food. Prices are a little expensive, but for the quality, well worth the money. You get what you pay for! There is a large selection of quality wines available, including some quite reasonably priced bottles. The crowing glory in here is the staff! They are very attentive and friendly and they cannot do enough for you. By the end of the meal they seemed like old friends! Altogether it was a wonderful and memorable experience! Thanks everybody! We’ll be back!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My fiance and I had a 4 course meal in this restaurant at the weekend, the food is spectaular; seafood is so fresh and the staff are second to none. Worth every penny.