“A couple of downsides”

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Deganwy
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Chinese, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coming from a family of Traditional Chinese Chef Patrons in Hong Kong, Nikki Ip has established a personal reputation for producing the finest Chinese cuisine. This has had customers returning again and again since his restaurant opened in 1992. Many of them bring with them family and friends for a good outing and for ‘those’ special occasions. Each dish is a traditional Chinese recipe developed personally by Nikki. His dishes set his restaurant apart as a dining experience. Nikki has won numerous awards and has been highly acclaimed in both the National and Local press. This has included Cheshire Life, The Daily Telegraph, Times, and internationally in Europe, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and throughout North America. Next to the restaurant, the Wine Bar is an Avant Garde settings with outstanding décor and lighting. The furnishings and decoration are internationally chosen and reflect the informal and warm atmosphereof the Wine Bar. The restaurant is open everyday from 6pm. The café-wine bar is open from 12noon
liverpool
“A couple of downsides”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Visited the restaurant on 3/5/14 with my family. food very good, relaxing atmosphere but they let themselves down on one or two points. Three of us had spare ribs for starters and I expected to be offered either damp towels or napkins to clean our fingers with. None were offered, so I asked for them. Despite being told that some would be brought, none ever appeared. This entailed a visit to the ladies for hand washing. The other thing was that I asked for a glass of water with my main meal,which also didn't appear until we ordered our final drinks, at which time I asked again for the water and finally got it, albeit too late. Minor points perhaps, but they marred an otherwise excellent dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cobbypobby
stefankingdon, Manager at Nikki Ip's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I can only apologise for the hot towels and the delay in receiving the water, I have spoken to all staff to try help insure this does not happen again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“'Best Chinese restaurant ever'”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Having dined here a few times, myself and my partner decided to take a visiting friend. The service from the restaurant manager (I assume) is simply flawless. So friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgable. The rest of the staff are polite and efficient. The wine and food are just delicious. So many dishes I could recommend. My visiting friend enjoyed it so much she stated that it was 'the best Chinese restaurant ever'. Thank you so much to all the staff

stefankingdon, Manager at Nikki Ip's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and we are pleased you enjoy what we are doing, we hope to see you all again very soon.
Llandudno
“Will never go again”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Having returned to this area for the first time in ages we were happy to revisit this restaurant. How disappointed we were. Reserved table not ready, had to eat in the bar not main dining area, vegetarian menu non existent, poor service, poor food, poor attitude of staff. Will never return or recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank David W
stefankingdon, Manager at Nikki Ip's, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I accept that the table upstairs was not ready for your arrival as the table before you were paying the bill. I did explain at the time that the table would just be five minutes and whilst you were waiting you could take a seat in the bar and have a look through the menus to waste no time.
whilst you were in the bar there was a table free and I offered you the choice of dinning in the bar or would you like to go up to the main restaurant as the table was ready. YOU chose to eat in the bar.
it does surprise me that as a returning customer you found the vegetarian menu restricted as from your last visit we have added to it, and we get such a positive response from vegetarians about how much choice there is.
we are sorry that you did not enjoy your evening with us but from the start it was very clear it was going to be very hard for me to make your evening enjoyable with us as you were so upset from the outset
Widnes
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time whilst staying in Deganwy. We were seated straightway and offered drinks whilst looking at the menu. The waitress was very friendly and had a table for two by the window. The food was exceptional and we enjoyed everything we ordered. It was a birthday celebration and we were glad we chose this restaurant. When we are next staying in Deganwy we would certainly book a table here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Clipol
stefankingdon, Manager at Nikki Ip's, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
thank you so much for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your birthday with us and we really do hope to see you again soon
Denbighshire, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Poor service, nobody came to see if everything was ok, had to go and ask for the bill, food not great, we were disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
stefankingdon, Manager at Nikki Ip's, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
its such a shame that you did not raise any of the issues with us on the evening but understand that everyone is different, with regards to the bill its very hard for us to determined if people are ready for the bill or not I can assure you we have offended people by giving them the bill without them asking and others like yourself get offended when we dont