“Wonderful tour guide” 5 of 5 bubbles

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I only had one day to see North Wales, and Judy Brough was happy to accommodate me. She gave me a wonderful "taster" of the area, taking into account my needs and interests. I got to see so much, many of the sights off the beaten path, and in such a short time. She picked me up at my guest house in the morning (right on time!), and dropped me off at the train station at the end of the day, even making sure I had a chance to pick up dinner for my journey back home. Judy is easy to get along with, easy to talk to, and knows so much about the area. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a private (though not inexpensive) tour of North Wales.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DRBTravels

Caledon, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Judy focuses on the "personal" of being a personal guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

All the guides we have hired know their stuff. Judy was no exception. However, it's the ability to build rapport that makes the difference. My wife and I like to truly absorb what we are seeing and as such, prefer to see more of less rather than doing a whirlwind of many sites. Judy adapted to our style perfectly even though it's probably not what she is used to. In fact, she kept asking "Are you seeing enough?" Her knowledge of the area combined with her willingness to adapt to what we wanted to do made the day fly by. She came to our hotel and spent the day in our car - no mean feat as I (being from Canada), was driving on the wrong side. A big plus was the tip she gave us to visit a local aquaduct on our way through the Cotswolds. You can't go wrong booking Judy!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bronco1975
wisconsin, usa
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Do you want to hire the best guide ever? Then connect with Judy! We have worked with many guides in many countries and I can say that Judy is simply the BEST. We spent one amazing day with her in N. Wales and our only regret was we didn't have another day together! She is incredibly timely, organized, attentive, intuitive, energetic, enthusiastic, curious, knowledgeable,... and just plain FUN! She picked us up at our B&B in the Snowdonia National Park area. We briefly talked through some options for the day and off we went! We loved that she had several brochures and maps waiting for us in the car - a very nice little touch. The day was a terrific blend of driving and stops. We got to Portmeirion, the National Slate Museum, several darling little towns and a couple fascinating castles before ending up in Llandudno. Judy is adept at asking the right questions to get at your priorities and interests. Then she knows the terrain and area well enough to adjust the day to fit in as much as you possibly can! I can't say enough glowing things about Judy. We learned so much in that one day!

Visited July 2013
Haverford, Pennsylvania
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Judy is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had one day to spend in North Wales. Judy met us at the Llandudno Junction train station and turned our one day into the adventure of three. She was everything the reviewer have noted and more. We could not have asked for a better day and for a better tour guide. We highly recommend Judy Brough as a tour guide.

Visited October 2012
Milton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tour of North Wales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have just returned form a week long visit of North Wales. I was traveling with my adult daughter and my mother, who is a senior. Since my mother has some mobility issues I was looking for a tour guide who could tailor the tour to meet our needs. I found Judy Brough. Judy was a fantastic tour guide. She first asked us what points of interest we wanted to see. She then incorporated our interests in to two days of touring the Welsh countryside. She was able to take us to both the known tourist areas and to some quaint little tea rooms and pubs. We had a fantastic fish and chips meal at a little pub in Anglesey which is reputed to be frequented by William and Kate themselves. We felt in good hands at all times. The twisty little mountain roads were no challenge for Judy. My mother , being a former native of Wales , had her own stories to add to Judy's. Judy genuinely seemed to enjoy my mothers stories and took a real interest in her life histories. This was well worth the money. I have toured many places in different ways and if you want to get a real feel for the country and the people this is the way to do it. Following a crowd of 50 odd people on a tour bus is not my cup of tea. I can highly recommend Judy Brough and the beautiful countryside of North Wales.

Visited July 2012