“Swimming Facilities”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Swimming Facilities”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I must admit i have not stayed at the Quay as it is close to my home. I do however use the swimming pool most days. I do also come into contact with reception staff and the porters. They are all great. I am hopeless as i cannot remember their names. But the receptionist with the very short blond hair is great. The porters are fantastic and very friendly, always making you feel welcome. Now back to the swimming facilities, the pool is larger than most Hotel pools. Of all the Hotel pools i have been too it most certainly is the best. It is by far cleaner than most other pools. Matt and his team are great, they work hard and come in earlier than shift. I can honestly say that even though i am very early coming in, they have NEVER made me feel unwelcome. Matt has helped me with advice on exercise and what will help me best in my aim to be more healthy, for which i am grateful. If it wasn't for Matt, Jason & Phil coming in early i probably would not have continued, so thank you all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gwynnie1955
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Member

Many thanks for your generous compliments in respect of the swimming faciliites at the Quay Hotel and Spa. Your kind words have been forwarded on to Mat, his team and the other departments who have made your daily visits so welcoming and enjoyable.

I was delighted to read of your appreciation of the hotel and our Liesure Suite - keep up the good work on the exercise front !

Steve Ogden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

5* plus food.. with exquisite little touches. Love the slate servers. Brilliant innovative hotel decor. Subtle yet chic. Spa totally relaxing. Staff superb. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. I was delighted to read of your appreciation of the Welsh slate servirs, our contempory yet chic decor and my superb eam. I have also forwarded your compliments onto the Spa Manager.

I note you will be staying with us again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable visit.

Kinde regards
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 April 2012

After our first stay in September last year which we reviewed previously, this trip we have just got home from did not disappoint. Indeed the food and staff across the hotel surpassed our last visit. The staff are all such smiley people who seem to have been put on this earth for the sole purpose of pleasing the visitor to the Quay! From Sandra and Katy on reception to all the waiting staff and managers, (sorry, we didnt catch all your names but you are all brilliant!) The Spanish waiter(you know who you are!) who advises on the wine list is consistently attentive and really knows the hotels wines and what to suggest with each course, is an absolute joy to converse with. The waiting staff are all knowledgable about the food too which is excellent training , there's not a disinterested member of staff to be seen across the hotel! If there is one, they must hide them in a cupboard! The views from the estuary rooms are just divine especially when the weathers sunny as it has been late March/ earlyApril. Only one 'grumble' - to the manager, please check out the bed in room 256, it really needs a new mattress, the springs can be felt coming through! Apart from that, thanks again for another lovely stay a d see you inSeptember!

Room Tip: First floor estuary suites are great
1 Thank MimsyBorrogrove
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Many thanks for your generous comments, we are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your latest stay with us. Your kind appreciation of my staff, our location and our restaurant offering is very much welcomed. Your compliments have been forwarded on to the team, Sandra and Katy.

Your constructive comment in respect of the mattress is noted and I would assure you that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment and replacement programme.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in September.

Nth Wales
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The mussles are local, plentiful, so plump with great taste and as only the starter along with other great fish and intros, to lovely, perfectly presented main courses. This place also knows how to cook belly pork and beef to perfection, leaving you with real expectation of the divine desserts.

Spa treatment on the 'escape' package for us all was also fantastic with the staff , along with everyone else in this hotel , keen to make this experience a relaxing delight and one to remember. Thank you from a mixture of ages at an 'older' birthday gathering .

Breakfast and rooms will not disappoint , only that you will wish you had this all over again the next day! Thank you.

Room Tip: Higher the better with marina or harbour views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments in respect of your recent visit to celebrate that special birthday. I was delighted to note your generous appreciation of our menu, my team and the Spa Escape treatments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, to try it all over again !

nova scotia
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed two nights in a room facing the estuary.Just what we were looking for,a nice peaceful stay on the water with good service and clean rooms.Facing west,the sunsets are fantastic from the balcony,which is virtually sitting above the waters edge.Staff are welcoming and accommodating which reflects on the quality of service one should expect from a hotel of this calibre.
Breakfast is buffet but of nice offerings and can also have eggs to order.
Will be looking forward to staying again.

1 Thank canrose
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know how much you appreciated our location, your room, the fabulous views and sunsets, my staff and the quality of service, which all went towards enhancing your relaxing weekend,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Quay Hotel in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just come back from a lovely weekend away in The Quay. The room was great and all the staff were falling over themselves to be helpful. The food was absolutely amazing and given that I'm vegetarian there was still plenty of choice. Push the boat out and try something you wouldn't normally - you cannot fail to love it, the food is just delicious. We walked into LLandudno through Deganwy one day, which was really nice to see all the surrounding area. We also took the bus tour of the area which let's you see a really wide area in only an hour. Tip - if you want something quieter try the other bay in Llandudno. Also took in Conwy, where we've been many times and doesn't fail to impress. Finished the weekend off in the spa which was really good value for money. Will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: All rooms are great - they either face Deganwy estuary or the small mooring on either side or into t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle272
Thank you for your kind words in respect of your recent weekend at the Quay Hotel. I was delighted to note your appreciation of my team, the food, including our vegetarian offering and our stunning location.

I was pleased you were able to enjoy the surrounding area and all it has to offer and took advantage of our spa to finish off your weekend in style!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed for two nights in March 2012. My wife booked the hotel as a birthday treat - I believe she had taken up a cut-price "Winter Blues" package deal - ironic since when we went it was over twenty degrees.

Anyway, we both loved the hotel, which was well-maintained, spotlessly clean and well-designed. Our room was spacious, luxurious, and stylish, the bed was enormous and we really had no complaints.

We did use the pool and sauna/steam room area - all of which were actually pretty decent for a hotel and were in perfect working order and imeccably clean (like everything else) - and the gym looked clean, bright and well-equipped, although we didn't go in. We did however make use of the spa, which was excellent.

The hotel, then is stylish and very comfortable. Where it won especially high marks was in the restaurant. They seemed to make a point of using as much local produce as possible, which was a nice touch - I assumed given the size of the hotel that things would be centrally sourced but that didn't seem to be the case. The food, incidentally, was excellent - well presented and very tasty. I stuffed myself.

Things to be concerned about? I'm honestly not sure that we'd have paid the price they'd have charged if we weren't on a discount weekend. However, that point would have to be traded against the fact that this might well be the best-equipped and most comfortable modern hotel for some considerable distance.

I would also point out that the staff - each and every last one of them - were absolutely charming; welcoming, chatty, smily, polite and courteous at every turn. The service was frankly superb, with every staff member giving the impression that they all wanted to be there, which sounds basic but which is actually quite a rare thing, especially bearing in mind the relative youth of some of them. Service like that really made the place stand out, and in my mind raised my 'tripadvisor' rating from 'very good' to 'excellent'. Quality.

1 Thank xzander1982
Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous remarks in respect of your birthday stay with us last month. I was delighted to hear of your kind appreciation of our location, accommodation and restaurant, Particulary welcome was your acknowledgement of our committment to use as much local produce as possible, which we know adds to the flavour and quality of the food we serve.

How ironic for you coming on a Winter Blues package and experiencing the highest temperatures in March. Hopefully we can provide good weather again for your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
St. George's Hotel
#16 of 60 in Llandudno
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,328 reviews
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!