“Excellent Hotel”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Very helpful from a customer care viewpoint, excellent standards in service in the restaurant/bar/reception, good quality rooms and relaxing spa facilities with friendly helpful staff. This hotel clearly invest in good quality staff and have always presented as professional and clearly well trained. We have returned to this hotel often for short breaks and have always had a pleasant relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Rooms over the courtyard are a good choice with little noise, lots of light and are spacious
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words in respect of your recent visit to the Quay Hotel and Spa. I was so pleased to read that my team were helpful and excelled with their customer care standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back yet again for your next relaxing break in North Wales.

There are newer reviews for The Quay Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed in the quay on a very rainy Monday and Tuesday night, but the weather did not ruin my fantastic holiday.
I would recommend it to everyone and I will definitly be returning.

The hotel is lovely, I had an executive room with the view over the quay which was perfect.
Breakfast was excellent and the 3 course dinner was one of the best I have ever had!!

The staff made me feel very welcome and could not do enough to help.

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and I thank them for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Executive room overlooking the quay
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind appreciation of your "fantastic holiday" at the Quay Hotel and Spa, despite the inclement weather. I am delighted my staff made you feel so welcome and the restaurant offered excellent meals that you obviously very much enjoyed.

Thank you for your recommendations and I look forward to seeing you again on your promised return visit. We'll try and organise more sunshine next time !

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed on business and was very impressed with the views. The hotel is nicely appointed, the room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Could not fault the staff in any respect so why, I hear you ask, have I not given an excellent rating!
The simple fact is that whilst the restaurant is pleasant enough and the food was fine, the prices being charged are in my view a good 20% higher than they should be so be warned!
Having said that, it certainly is a good place to stay, but I would recommend eating dinner in one of the other fine restaurants in the area which are more price competitive .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback and generous words regarding my staff and the nicely appointed room and hotel.

Your constructive point in respect of restaurant charges are appreciated and I would assure you that all views are considered by my Food & Beverage team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion and perhaps you may think of visiting us on a leisure break rather than a business trip. Take time to really relax and enjoy the wonderful surroundings of North Wales!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We recently spent a couple of nights in this hotel while touring in north wales. Overall an enjoyable experience with an excellent meal in the restaurant. The weather was not brilliant so took advantage of the spa and leisure facilities. The view overlooking the estuary was great - watching the tide come in and out and seeing the sun set was lovely. Breakfast was better than many hotels in that the hot food was cooked to order rather than on a self service basis, although could have done with some bread or rolls to go with the cheese and cold meats. Staff were all very helpful and overall the experience was good value, although the prices in the restaurant were high.

Room Tip: Try and get an estuary view.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind constructive feedback on your recent stay. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed the restaurant offerings, the fabulous location and were able to take advantage of the spa and leisure facilities.

I was pleased to note your appreciation of my helpful staff and the wonderful views and sunsets. When touring North Wales again, we do hope we can welcome you back and offer better weather!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

From start to finish our stay at the Hotel was fabulous. The room, an executive double, was lovely, extremely clean and the view was better than we could ever of hoped. We booked in for an evening meal which we both said was the best we had ever had and with a glass of champagne and a view of the sun setting at the top of the estuary it was perfect! The facilities were great too, nice pool and very friendly beauticians. All in all I couldn't recommend the Quay Hotel & Spa highly enough - costs a bit to stay there but worth every penny!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get an executive double as the views are stunning to wake up to

Dear Guest

Delighted to read that your stay from start to finish was fabulous, including your kind appreciation of your executive room, the best evening meal ever, with the most wonderful views across the estuary.

Thank you for your kind recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back on anther occasion.

General manager

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Working away from home, and staying in hotels is not as glamorous as it sounds. sometimes the experience is terrible.
Not so the Quay. The hotel is in beautiful surroundings and the facilities are first class. Not only that, the staff are charming every single one of them, and nothing was too much trouble. I'm quite shy and prefer to eat in my room, and during my stay I had delicious meals delivered by kind and courteous staff every night. Coming back each evening from a hard day's work it was wonderful to just wander down to the pool and have a quiet swim before dinner. A great way to unwind.

This hotel deserves an excellent for everything, and I would love to stay for longer next time. I look forward to my next visit to North Wales and wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on "working away from home". I was so pleased to read that my staff had eased the experience and made your relaxing time off at the end of the day so enjoyable.

I would be delighted to welcome you back, whether for business, or perhaps on a leisure break, when you can really appreciate all the Quay Hotel and fabulous surroundings has to offer.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Spent a Sunday night/ Monday at the Quays Hotel. I know we were spoilt by the weather - blue skies and warm sunshine, however, this was equally matched by our stay at this hotel. The room was excellent with wonderful views over the estuary and Conwy castle. The evening meal was first class matched by the breakfast the following day. We made use of the leisure and spa facilities and the location of the hotel is ideal for exploring the delights of north wales. And yes it gets better................the main reason behind this review is the quality and care shown by all the staff. From a warm welcome on arrival, meticulous service during the meals and courteous service at all times..............a first class stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: Overlooking the estuary is a must
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for "singing our praises" after your recent stay at the Quay Hotel. I was delighted to read that my staff offered a friendly efficient welcome and all aspects of your stay, from the accommodation to the restaurant were superb.. Your kind words regarding my Reception Manager, Sandra and the rest of the team are much appreciated and have been passed on to those mentioned.

We look forward to seeing you again for another enjoyable exeprience.

Yours sinerely

Steve Ogden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!