“A wonderful stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Chester, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We initially booked for a one night stay but ended up staying for a second night as the hotel was wonderful. Simon and his team are friendly, welcoming and professional. For the first night we stayed in an executive room, over looking the lake, it was beautiful; very spacious and clean! The second night we stayed in a "normal" room which was equally lovely, with a balcony over looking the harbour. The hotel is tucked away but only a 10 min walk from Conwy. We only ate breakfast in the hotel - which was lovely and the evening meals looked equally tastey. I think the hotel is quite popular with wedding functions, as there were two when we were there, however it only adds to the amosphere of the hotel. Couples, families, well worth a stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Quay Hotel and Spa. I was so pleased to chose to stay a second night, enjoying our wonderful location and facilities.

Your generous feedback has been passed on to Simon and the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Steve Ogden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

What a lovely peaceful hotel. Stayed here for one night with my other half. The rooms are very spacious and clean. We had the most stunning view of the marina! And a lovely sunset! The drinks are pricey in the hotel. Didn't get time to dine there. But the swimming are is very clean, also handy that there is a time table that says when kids are not allowed in, so you can enjoy a quiet swim and relax in the steam room and sauna. Only down side to my visit is the breakfast service, got showed to my table but didn't get asked for tea or coffee as they are suppose to and didn't get any toast until I had to ask twice. Plus asked for sauce didn't get any, but I enjoyed the omlette very very filling! Didn't get time to visit the spa, so must come again shortly! All in all a peaceful stay and a lovely nights sleep!

Room Tip: Ask for marina view, just incase you get a car park view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your generous feedback in respect of your recent overnight stay. Delighted to know you enjoyed our spacious and clean accommodation with stunning views and lovely sunset.

I do apologise that breakfast service was a little disappointing and I would confirm that all the team have been made fully aware of your observations in order to help improve our quality and service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another peaceful stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Pros: Beautiful location, great views, exclusive quay location, good shower, large rooms, decent bed, plenty of golf courses if you want to live the luxury
Cons: May lack some true five star services, it's over the train line which can cause delays making an exit in the morning, there's not loads in the surrounding area - but that's as much a pro as it is a con

It's places like The Quay Hotel & Spa that make you realise just how astoundingly beautiful parts of the UK and Wales are.
The hotel is just on the north side of Snowdonia. If you fancy a drive then the landscape is worth that venture alone. There's not loads of stuff to do around - though a recently opened Welsh food shop and restaurant in Bodnant isn't far - but The Quay is ideal for a brief spot and well earned chill... or a weekend away.
In the not-so-far surrounding area there are plenty of golf courses and views out across the endless Atlantic.
The hotel grounds are quite exclusive. As the name would suggest, this is a quay. It's on the other side of the railway tracks and there's very little else here - just boats, a couple of properties and the hotel. It could do with more gardens, but the terrace it has - both on ground level and first floor - offer stunning views of the quay and Conwy Castle opposite.
I didn't use the spa so can't comment. The food I ate was BBQ style, which although it didn't look too exciting - and this isn't fine dining by any means - was, in fact, really well cooked and a decent supper. But, hey, it's a four star hotel and it more than lives up to that.
Breakfast was great and the hostess was clear, precise and just a really lovely lady.
Downsides? There are so few to point out. Ok, so it's not cheap, but that's to be expected. The one and only other "issue" worth raising is that as the hotel is based on the opposite side of the railway tracks it might see you stuck waiting for 15 minutes at a time in the morning... but who cares? It's not about rushing about. Take The Quay as a place to chill. I did; and it was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing over the water, it's lovely. Though if you're on the ground floor you'...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mmxbreaks
Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous comments following your recent stay with us. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our beautiful location, generous accommodation and our good restaurant.

Glad to note that you took the opportunity to chill and relax and your understanding comments regarding the rail crossing is much appreciated. It does give the extra exclusivity element to the Quay, with no through traffic to spoil the relaxing ambience.

I do hope you will have a chance to visit us again and perhaps try a Spa Treatment next time !

Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on a Travelzoo deal. It was superb. The room was AMAZING; a large comfortable suite with the most stunning views across the estuary and towards Conwy castle, perfectly presented with everything one would expect in a 5 star hotel. Sumtuous decor, comfortable bed, fluffy bath robes etc.
Staff were very friendly.
We tried to use the spa but hadn't booked in advance (our fault. I'd advise to call ahead and book treatments, the brochure is available on the hotel website). The pool and steam room were very good however.
The location was good. Conwy is a very short drive (or reasonable walk for the more energetic) away but feels closer as it is located just the other side of the bay from the town centre.
The only disappointment was that were not staying longer. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if visiting Conwy or the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the estuary, some rooms look into a courtyard or onto the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback, Following your recent overnight stay with us. Delighted to know you found the experience "amazing" and thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable suite with stunning views across the estuary and Conwy Castle.

To ensure an appointment, you wouild be well advised to book your spa treatments in advance, as they do book up qucikly, especially at weekends.

I look forward to welcoming you back and maybe you will be able to stay a little longer and fully appreciate all the Quay Hotel and surrounding area has to offer.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Quay Hotel between 2nd and 4th July as my husband needed to be in the area for business on the 3rd. We both just wanted to send our thanks and appreciation for the kind attention we received. From the time of making the reservation with Ruth to checking out nothing was too much trouble.

Every time we stay at an hotel I inform them of my special dietary and room requirements due to my allergies and disabilities. This is only the second hotel we have stayed in where those requirements had been fully sorted before we arrived. The receptionist knew exactly what they were when we cheacked in and we were offered a choice of room to meet my disability needs. The meals where amazing and special thanks must go to the chefs; especially the dessert chef who, each night, provided a special surprise dessert for me. Praise must also go to Ali and his staff for all their kind attention.

Our room (247) was one of the best adapted rooms we have stayed in and the views were not only stunning but very relaxing.

Whilst my husband was working I had a very relaxing experience in the spa suite, so please send my thanks to the therapists who treated me.

The short stay was such a relaxing experience and was just what I needed after a very traumatic year of ill health. We were so impressed with everything the hotel had to offer that we are looking to return for a week at the beginning of October for our Wedding Anniversary.

Please pass on our thanks and compliments to all of the staff for their kind attention and for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Would highly reccommend this hotel to guests with special dietary requirments and mobility disabilit...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ElsieHampson
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel. Delighted to know you could combine business and pleasure and my team's attention to detail enhanced your visit, particularly glad we were able to provide the special dietary needs as requested and just the right ambience to help you really relax.

So pleased to note you will be returning in October to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Me and my new wife went on a sort of "mini-moon" at this hotel as I had to be back at work the monday after our wedding. We stayed in Room 249 on 14/7/12, the penthouse suite which was fantastic. The views were amazing which made this place appear to be a small paradise. All the facilities were top notch. From the moment we walked in we were treated like VIPs. I thought we were getting this treatment as we were staying in the pent house. On closer inspection ALL GUESTS were being treat the same, this hotel must thrive on customer service. The porter ( name escapes me) was helpful at all times and ensured our room was cleaned when needed. I requested drinks at the reception he took me through to the bar and made sure I got attention from the bar staff and then brought the drinks to our room.
My wife and I had a bad experience at the hotel we were married at. Staying at this hotel washed all the troubles away and hopefully we will be spending anniversaries there for years.
I cant thank this hotel enough for making our wedding weekend and hope to see you soon

1 Thank BBT1
Dear Newlyweds

Many thanks for your kind feedback following your recent weekend with us. I was delighted to know we had be able to offer a "small piece of paradise" for you to enjoy your mini-moon - your generous compliments have been passed on to all my team

I look forward to welcoming you for a return visit and many congratulations on your marriage.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary, and it did not dissapoint.

We had a suite for the 1st night overlooking Conwy castle and the marina, it was stunning (the view and the room)
There was a bottle of wine on ice when we arrived in the room and a fridge to keep it in too. this along with the fluffy white bathrobes made the experiance even nicer.

For the remaining 2 nights we stayed in an executive marina view room on the 1st floor, the room was obviously a downgrade to the suite as to be expected. But to be honest the room was still lovely only dissapointment was that there was no fridge to keep the fresh milk!

We went for a swim in the Spa it was really nice and peaceful. only thing missing was a jacuzzi!

We had food delivered to our room on a couple of occasions, all arrived promptly and was also very nice.

The staff were friendly, and overall i'd love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Suites on the 2nd floor overlook the marina, they are stunning.
Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary remarks following your recent 3 night stay at the Quay Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to note your appreciation of our stunning views and room facilities. I do apologise that there was no chiller amenities in the marina accommodation, regrettably this equipment is being replaced in this particular room at this time.

Very glad to read you enjoyed the swimming pool and agree with you that a Jacuzzi may well be a nice facility to offer. However, the current hydrotherpy pool provides an extra element to the leisure experience.

Good to know you enjoyed the room service and our food and pleased to note that you'd love to stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion and send you belated congratulations on your recent anniversary.

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
St. George's Hotel
#13 of 59 in Llandudno
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,318 reviews
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!