“Simply Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Hale, United Kingdom
“Simply Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from a fantastic stay at The Quay Hotel. We had an evening meal included in our stay. The food was top class and would definitely recommend the Jaffa Cake dessert.
What really made the meal memorable was the staff. They were courteous, friendly, professional & went the extra mile. They went out of their way to accommodate our young son, even giving him a complimentary sorbet before his meal arrived.
Besides the restaurant, the room we stayed in was extremely spacious and had a balcony with a lovely view of the marina.
We found all the staff, from the spa staff to the cleaners to be very friendly.
We will definitely be making a return visit.

2 Thank collycolm
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent "fantastic" stay at the Quay Hotel. Delighted to know you enjoyed your room with balcony views and found my staff friendly, professional and courteous in all departments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and maybe another piece of that Jaffa Cake dessert !

Steve Ogden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I booked into the Quay Hotel for th late May bank Holiday. On arrival we were greeted with a lovely smile from a very proffesional and polite receptionist, we were early and the room was not ready we decided to go for a walk, the receptionist took our number and as promised we received a call when the room was ready. The location is excellent, being walking distance to both Conway and llandudno. When we got back the same girl remembered our name and took us to the room.The room was very clean and well laid out.
We decided to have a drink and on the terrace, service was exceptionally slow and we had to ask three different people for our drinks ( there seemed to be a distinct lack of understanding of good customer service.
Breakfast the next day we were greeted by a very lovely lady who showed us to our table again, breakfast was not a good experience. The toast was not toast but bread and we had to go and ask for it in the first place.
Back in the room later the same day the room had been serviced but no new tea bags left we rang room service but 2 hours later no tea bags again we had to chase.

Summary

Great location
Some excellent staff
Some staff who are either too busy or have not had sufficient training
Make sure you check the room location as classic marina view rooms overlook the car park then the marina.

• Stayed May 2013
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback, good to hear that my reception team greeted you with smiles and a warm welcome. Delighted to read of your appreciation of our stunning setting and great location for local walks.

I do apologise for the shortfalls encountered within our service provision during evening drinks, breakfast ad housekeeping. I have spoken with the relevant managers to address and rectify your concerns. It is most unfortunate that your tea tray was not replenished and you had to chase for the items, I am very sorry.

Your constructive summary are very much appreciated and I would clarify that as you quite right state, the ground floor marina view rooms do overlook the marina and car parking bays for the marina. These bays are not always occupied, but if you prefer an estuary or courtyard view, do please ask when making your reservation and my team will be only too pleased to assist.
I do hope you will visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel is hot! Our 6th trip here in18 months as our 'bolt hole' 2 hours from home. Good and bad weather we just switch off ourselves and technology, pour the wine and chill! great luxury rooms/ suites overlooking the estuary, great food and drinks menus and fabulous staff who smile and shine for you throughout your stay! Nothing is any trouble or a bother. Having stupidly overdone the sun having lunch on the fabulous terrace watching the boats, at dinner, on finding out I hadnt brought sunscreen,Gio,the restaurant manager (and one of our all time favourite people!) ticked me off and brought me her bottle of sunscreen!

After 6 visits and notes left for staff it's hard to find new praise for theQuay, it's management and staff. Tripadvisor don't allow too frequent reviews so we just keep returning to prove the point that this is a very special place to escape to. We had a short honeymoon break here after our wedding last May and we were made such a lovely fuss of by all staff so of course we returned last week for our 1st anniversary. A lovely card wishing us happy anniversary and cupcakes were waiting for us!

Thank you all at The Quay once again for just the most pleasurable and chilled time.See you soon!

Room Tip: Luxury rooms and suites overlooking the estuary but the courtyard is very 'zen' so has its o...
2 Thank MimsyBorrogrove
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your generous feedback, following your 6th visit to us at the Quay Hotel. Great to know you are still enjoying your "honeymoon" hotel and were able to celebrate for your first anniversary at the Quay.

Delighted to hear of your kind appreciation of our stunning location, luxurious accommodation and our fabulous terrace. Look forward to welcoming you back for Visit No 7 in the near future.

Many congratulations on your first anniversary

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband & I stayed at The Quay for two nights (12th & 13th May2013). We stayed in an executive suite with a most wonderful view of the estuary & the castle. The suite was very spacious & exceptionally clean (full praise to housekeeping!!)
We were on dinner/bed & breakfast package for the two nights & the dinner in the restaraunt was very nice. Would have preferred scrambled eggs to be cooked fresh, as they were a bit rubbery, from being under the hot lights, so I had an omlette on the second morning, a bit undercoooked, for my liking, apart from those two little things everything else was fine. Did have to aske 3 times for toast on the first morning.
May I mention "Katia" a most briiliant waitress, as I said at the time, you should be very pleased you have her as she is very pleasant, polite & helpful and boy does she work hard!!!
Was a bit dissapointed with the pool (a bit small) as it gets very busy when guests & members use it, also after a cold day out on the last day of our stay was looking forward to a warm up in the steam room, only to find it was out of order.
In all a very pleasant stay & will hopefully return on another occassion.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an executive suite, I am sure the other rooms are nice, but the suites are so spacious...
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent visit to the Quay Hotel. Delighted to know you enjoyed our fantastic views from you suite and appreciated our housekeeping standards. I do apologise that certain elements of breakfast could have been improved and would confirm I have spoken to the team to ensure or usual excellent quality and service is consistent. I am sorry for the regrettable fault with our steam room during your stay.

Your kind compliment regarding Katia have been forwarded on and I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Liverpool, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have just returned from a two night break and loved it! The hotel is in a great spot, close to the train station and with magnificent views across to Conwy Castle and the estuary. We had a ground floor estuary view room which was very spacious and included a sofa area. The bathroom was well laid out. Room contained everything that we needed including a small fridge, trouser press and ironing board. The tv offer also includes full sky package. The hotel were nice enough to leave a card and cupcakes for my husband as it was his birthday. We ate at The Grill on the first night which was really nice and had some spa treatments which were also excellent. The staff were superb - very quick to respond to the smallest query with genuine warmth. The breakfast was gorgeous.

The only things that let it down was the room location, which was only one room down from the restaurant so people who were on the terrace could see into our room which affected the privacy. Also the jacuzzi was very poor, hardly any bubbles at all so we didn't bother using the pool area again after the first day.

We would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Estuary rooms were great but ask for one away from the bar area. A first floor room is probably more...
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great posting, following you recent two night stay at the Quay and delighted that the birthday card and cup cakes were enjoyed. Good to know you loved our great location, magnificent views and my staff offered friendly warm service.

I am sorry to learn that you felt the room was a little too close to the terrace, do please request an alternative allocation for your next visit and we should be pleased to ensure your every comfort. The hydrotherapy pool has been checked and doesn't appear to have any faults, perhaps you didn't realise this pool is fed on an 8 minute cycle which may have affected the amount of bubbles you expected.

I am pleased to note that you definitely will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2013. On arrival we realised we had made a mistake as we had booked a room overlooking the courtyard. This is very pleasant but it is the view over the Conway estuary that makes this hotel. It is well worth paying the extra to get the view of the river. These rooms are suites and the living room is very large. My wife feels the cold but at this hotel she was very warm. The food although not cheap is excellent We ate dinner for 2 nights in the grill room and at first we thought the portions were artistic but lacking in quantity but after eating were were very full. The so called snacks we ordered from room service was a full meal. The quality of furnishings in our suite was of high quality. My wife tried the massage and found it one of the best she had ever had. There is a decent gym and swimming pool complete with sauna and steam room. There was so much to do within the hotel that we never touched the car throughout our stay. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful. My only regret there was that we reluctantly had to leave. We will certainly return there when we have sufficient funds. I was a little put off by their website as it gave me the impression that they were full when we wanted to go but luckily a phone call assured me that they had vacancies. I have no problem in recommending this hotel especially to anyone who wishes to try different but delicious food.

Room Tip: Always try to afford one of the suites overlooking the Conway River. They are quiet. Go for the ones...
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback, I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent 3 night stay with us. Good to know you appreciated our stunning views, great restaurant, spa facilities and my friendly helpful staff.

Thank you for your recommendation and great to note that you will be returning. Pease request estuary view accommodation and enjoy the fantastic vistas from you room across to Conwy Castle and the mountains beyond.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed for one night - wish it had been longer - the hotel is immaculate - a great place to stay, staff are extremely welcoming, food was terrific, the room was excellent - the hotel was a great find - love to return at some point ! I can't understand any negative reviews -the place is fab !!

1 Thank marty988
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Quay. I am so pleased you found the Quay Hotel a great place to stay with extremely welcoming staff, terrific food and accommodation.

We would love to have you stay longer next time and look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
St. George's Hotel
#14 of 59 in Llandudno
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,318 reviews
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!