“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband bought me the Winter Wonderland package as an anniversary treat, it included 3 treatments and the unlimited use of the facilities. I had the head, shoulder and neck massage with hot stones, a full body exfoliation and a facial and decollete massage. The whole experience was lovely and we both thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great comments following your Winter Wonderland anniversary treat. Good to know you both enjoyed the whole experience of treatments and our leisure facilities.

Belated congratulations on your anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the future.

Steve Ogden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an afternoon of luxury and bliss!! Purchased a zoopla voucher for a spa session which included access to the spa and pool area, a back,shoulder and neck massage and a facial. The relaxation room and teas/refreshments were fab! The treatments were just what the doctor ordered! The therapist, Amy, listened to my needs and she was brilliant. We were given drinks and a refreshing sorbet after treatments and left to relax in the cosy relaxation room. No rushing, just perfect. Lunch was also included in the package and we were given a choice of light lunches to chose from and an option to eat lunch in the spa or down in the bar. We headed to the bar, the service was excellent and the food was of high quality. Drinks were also included, I chose from the lovely herbal tea selection. Another bonus in the package was a free gift set! All for £59! Happy isn't the word!! We will return!

1 Thank wish t
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments, following your recent visit to our Spa. I am delighted to read of your enjoyment of the treatments, pool and leisure facilities, fab tea and refreshments. Your kind words have been forwarded on to Amy and the team in the bar. Good to know you received excellent service and our food was high quality.

I am pleased to note you will be returning for more "luxury and bliss" in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

north wales
Reviewed 14 November 2013

visited here for an afternoon snack with my friend.

We ordered garlic bread - £3+ per portion - which was one slice of a ciabatta AND COLD

I ordered a pot of tea £3.25. It is a strange brand of tea and was served as tea leaves in a glass cafetierre. It tasted disgusting !!! My first tea cup was chipped and I had to get another cup - not 5* - about 1*

When we went to pay we commented on the Tea - and was told - I was obviously used to drinking tea from a tea bag !!!! how rude !!!!!!!

Having dined in lots of places I know what tea tastes like

THEN TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE - WE HAD TO PAY FOR THE TEA !!!
£3.25 - FOR THAT PRICE THEY SHOULD LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT PROPERLY

If you want to get ripped off - this is the place to go.

If you are hungry - do not go here !!!

the only advantage is the view - but as it is dark most of the time now - don't bother !!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank westie6692
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience with us.

Firstly, we use fresh tea leaves at the Quay Hotel with no artificial flavourings unlike what’s used in most domestic tea bags. I understand this is different from what you may use, so I’m putting your comments down as personal preference to you and not poor quality tea. What I do not accept are the issues with the chipped cup and the service you received. I will certainly discuss this with my team to ensure we continue to offer great quality and service.

The garlic bread is offered as 2 slices with a salad garnish, if your garlic bread was served cold I hope you reported it at the time so we could rectify the problem. I suggest if you were hungry then maybe a more substantial meal would have been recommended.

I’m sure you will agree that we do not often get comments like yours on sites such as Trip Advisor, so a return visit would be recommended to change your opinion from this visit. Once you have a date in mind then please do contact me so I have the opportunity to meet and rectify the issues.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Eloquent break, fabulous in every way, gourmet food, fantastic spa, sophisticated furnishings, stunnung views. Cannot wait to return ! Particular thanks to Tom, bar manager and extremely hospitable waitress Emma for their valuable contribution in making our stay such a pleasurable and memirable experience.

1 Thank JacWilson
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments, following your recent stay with us. Delighted to hear of your kind appreciation of our food, fantastic spa and stunning views.

Your thanks have been passed on to Tom and Emma, so pleased to hear they contributed to making your stay pleasurable and memorable.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a special treat for my husbands birthday and wow what a treat. Beautiful hotel clean fresh feel and mostly attentive staff. The hotels description of the Penthouse suite is spot on as we were lucky enough to indulge ourselves in this luxury. So spacious and attention to detail. The views are amongst the best I have ever seen. Two gorgeous bags of toiletries generously topped up when servicing the room. The complimentary turn down service we discovered is only available on request.
Overnight I found the room really hot. The heater was not on and in case it didn't work.
I felt sorry for the waitress on the second morning as her supervisor seemed to send her in so many different directions - our table was only partially set. The supervisor also offered to take our pot of coffee through to the lounge but it never materialised. These are only minor things, and in no way detracted from what was a wonderful break.
We will definitely go back

Room Tip: Read the description of the rooms carefully. If you want the views you definitely don't want a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your stay to celebrate your husband's birthday. So pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our Penthouse Suites and thoroughly indulged in the luxuries!

I do apologise that your breakfast experience on the second morning did not reflect the rest of the standards encountered during your stay. I have spoken with the Breakfast team to ensure consistency of service is maintained.

Good to know you had a wonderful break and that you will definitely be back. I look forward to welcoming you on that occasion.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We only booked one night on a special deal for our wedding anniversary. The room was beautiful and the sun was shining the view was stunning. We had been upgraded. Very nice.
We had booked a meal in the restaurant and I was looking forward to it. We were asked if we would like to look at the menu while we had a drink in the bar and we said yes. The girl said someone would come and take our order. We waited and no one came. Then another girl noticed we had been seating there a while and asked what time we were booked in. When we said 15 minutes ago she and spoke to someone else. She then took us into the restaurant and said someone would come and take our order. We got the wine waiter next. We finally got our order taken but I did not feel the restaurant was comfortable enough for that sort of hotel. I loved the room and the view but the staff and the food in the restaurant let it down.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following your recent wedding anniversary visit. Delighted to know we were able to offer you an accommodation upgrade and your kind appreciation of the room, our stunning views and sunshine is most welcome.

I do apologise that your dining experience was disappointing. I have spoken with my Restaurant Manager to ensure we improve the consistency of our service and assure you that the concerns raised have been addressed.

I do hope you will stay with us again, do please contact me directly when you have a date and I should be pleased to personally take care of your reservation and restore your confidence in the Quay hotel and Spa. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the future.
Belated congratulations on your wedding anniversary

Caernarfon
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Called in for lunch , lovely hotel, attentive staff and superb location. Very nice meal - will call again in the near future.
The view over to Conwy is breathtaking - well worth a visit. Hopefully we can stay the night the next time !!

• Stayed November 2013
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind appreciation of my staff and our superb location. Delighted to know you enjoyed your lunch with us and found the views from the Quay breath taking.

Glad to hear you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back for that overnight stay, so you can really relax and enjoy more of the Quay facilities.

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#17 of 60 in Llandudno
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!