The Quay Hotel & Spa
  • Beachfront
Hydro Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Breakfast included
2,870 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitesauna and steam roomrelaxation roomleisure facilitiesmodern hotelafternoon teanorth walesoverlooking the marinathe ground floorlovely locationevening meallarge bathroombirthday treatrestaurant stafffirst class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My daughter and I have just had a fabulous break at this hotel. The room with huge comfortable bed and a view to die for with the sun shining on the boats bobbing in the estuary. The meal was exceptional and we both enjoyed tasting new and unusual dishes! The spa, swimming pool and sauna were an added luxury. However, what pulled this all together were the staff, whoever oversees recruitment picks the best of the crop ! I think customer care can be taught but all staff we met just seemed happy and cared about their customers on a genuine natural level, from the young girl who was so friendly when booking in and showing us to our room - to ALL staff who served us in the restaurant, the lovely spa team and even the young girl cleaning a room who stopped and found me a bag for a wet swimsuit. Well done - we will be back and recommend you to everyone !

Room Tip: We looked directly on to the water front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed a "fabulous" break at the Quay Hotel. Good to know you found the accommodation comfortable with fantastic views. Glad to hear you experienced great food and took best advantage of our pool, sauna and steam amenities!

Your kind words regarding my team are very much appreciated and have been passed on to all. Thank you for your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for 1 night to attend a function. The Room was very pleasant with modern furnishings, with Hot Chocolate in the room! The Staff were very helpful.

The Location is excellent, with view overlooking the North Wales coast line, with the Marina is right next door.

Food was a tad disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind posting, following you recent one night stay with us at the Quay. Good to know you found the room very pleasant and enjoyed the Hot Chocolate !

Sorry to note you found the food slightly disappointing, I will forward your comments on to my Head Chef to ensure improvement in the consistency of the quality offered.

Do hope you will visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just been on my second visit to this Hotel. Sorry to say it has slipped down in my estimation.
Accommodation is almost perfect (Lack of Hooks to hang things on in the Bathroom and unable to open the wardrobe door properly without damaging the full length mirror!)
The real problem, though, is that the food was not nearly as good as on our last visit.
Has the Chef changed?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlanAbrams
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your second visit to the Quay and I do apologise for the disappointments encountered. I have spoken with my Head Chef in order to ensure improved consistency of the quality offered.

Good to know that the accommodation was "almost perfect". We are considering how best to address the maintenance concern and thank you for your observations.

I do hope you will be visiting us again in the future and, when you have a date in mind, do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I wanted to spend two or three nights here over New Year 2013. But although they are a so called "dog friendly" hotel, going there with my cats was different. I must first say that, as I explained to them:
We have travelled all over Europe for 10 years, France, Spain, Italy, Slovenia, Belgium, Croatia etc with our 4 cats and stayed at highly prestigious hotels all over...for instance in Venice we stayed at one of the oldest and most exclusive small boutique hotels on the And last Christmas stayed at the Lake Country House Mid Wales one of their "dog" rooms and we and our cats were welcomed and indeed our cats adored.
However we where informed at The Quay that the cats needed to be caged whenever we were not in the room! (cruel the RSPCA would arrest us). They would be charging £20 per cat per night for "deep cleaning" of the room after we left (even though we would be staying in an acknowledged dog and owners room).
We were happy to pay £400 for the New Year event and night stay and £240 for each of the other two nights, plus I would have had at least two spa treatments, you would think they would be happy for our custom, but prejudice to cats overrides everything for them apparently. I did not stay as I would NOT put up with those conditions imposed, I would even have accepted reluctantly the £20 per night per cat, but to keep them in cages and hear how suspicious they were that cats would somehow dirty up their establishment...WELL..NO.
Beware cat owners they must think we all live in smelly dirty cat infested hovels!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine c

Dear Sir

My Revenue Manager has tried to contact you personally to clarify the situation which has obviously caused you a great deal of distress, but as yet, has not received any telephone number or call from you. It is a shame that you did not wait to speak with my manager before posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor, as I am sure matters could have been resolved in a more cordial manner.

However, I write to explain our company policy which you may not have quite understood when speaking to our Receptionist, Mel. Mel has been on our Reservations team for a number of years and was an original member of staff from when we opened the hotel, so I know her to be courteous, helpful with a good level of customer service skills. I am disappointed to note that you felt her email to you confirming accommodation availability and the required restrictions when accepting animals, was rude. She was merely confirming to you our policy.

You will appreciate how meticulous we have to be, with particular care for those guests booked into the accommodation after an animal has been in the room. A thorough deep clean is priority and you will acknowledge the dangers of an allergic reaction, if stringent measures are not undertaken. The request for the animal to be caged is also a health and safety issue, to ensure the animal does not roam about the room unchecked, leaving the cat vulnerable to hurting itself and yes, we are also concerned that the furnishing and fitments could be damaged. You will also acknowledge that animals often behave out of character, if left alone in unfamiliar surroundings.

I am sorry that you feel so upset that you have now discounted a New Year treat at the Quay Hotel. Maybe a more rural hotel will have the specialised facilities you require at this time, with a view to considering the Quay as a destination on another occasion.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a brief visit a couple of months ago, check in was fine, room (Suite) was of the highest spec... Great view over the estuary.

However, the bar service was appalling, my order was taken and paid for, I received my drink unfortunately for me, the child (terrible manner) behind the bat completey forgot my wife's drink when one of his mates came in and duly stood talking to him despite me and other people waiting to be served.

Food was excellent, Rachael, who was at table service, was very good, chatty, whitty and above all, brought the food along exactly how we ordered. Credit to her...

My wife and I both mentioned the appalling bar service, Rachael did go away and address..

To sum up.. Room - Excellent, Food -Excellent, Breakfast - Excellent, Check-In, Excellent, Restaurant Service - Excellent, Bar Service (complete with complimentary attitude) - Absolute Zero.

Would I recommend, possibly.. I wouldn't return in a hurry.

Just like everyone else, you never remember the goods points when you've experienced a bad point.

Note. Why do you employ kids who have no social, no understanding of service and more importantly, brush me aside when their mates come in.. A definite L&D issue. Cheap put on one of the mist important aspect of running a service based business.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your valued feedback following your stay with us a couple of months ago. I am so sorry to read of the shortfall in service levels encountered in our bar, which is even more concerning particularly as every other aspect of your time with us was “excellent”.

I totally agree with your sentiments that, despite the pleasurable positive qualities of your visit, the prevailing memory is going to be the one negative disappointment.

Please be assured that I have discussed your comments with my team to ensure they learn from your experience thus improving the quality and service we offer.

I do hope you will consider returning to the Quay Hotel and, in order to restore your confidence, do contact me directly when you have a date in mind, so I can personally take care of your reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the future.