“Staff Xmas Party (Vegas Style)”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the 'Vegas' party night for our staff Xmas PArty . Our experience was a very positive one. We enjoyed the welcome cocktail and then went upstairs for the meal. The room was 'wow', very impactive, we loved the black covered chairs and the candelabra. It was a set meal and one of the best we have eaten at the Quay. The Staff were very profeesional and well Organised The entertainment, black jack table and roulette, was exactly that 'entertaining'. The disco was also good.
My thanks to Simon and all the team at the Quay
WE WILL BE BACK !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments following the Vegas Party Night recently attended. Good to know your experience was very positive and your appreciation of the "wow" room, best meal at the Quay, professional, well organised staff with a good Disco and casino entertainment.

Your thanks to Simon and the Team have been forwarded and we look forward to welcoming you back next year !

Best wishes to you for 2014

There are newer reviews for The Quay Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We went to the 'Vegas' party night with 10 friends on Tuesday. Our experience was a very positive one. We enjoyed the welcome cocktail and then went upstairs for the meal. The room was 'wow', very impactive, we loved the black covered chairs and the candelabra. It was a set meal and one of the best we have eaten at the Quay. Infact it was one of the best meals we have had at a 'mass catering event'. The rolls were fresh, the goats cheese starter was beautifully presented. The turkey dinner was served on hot plates with lovely veg. The pudding was scrumptious and we would have liked seconds! The entertainment, black jack table and roulette, was exactly that 'entertaining'. The disco was also good. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been 2 bottles of red wine on the table. The waiting on staff were pleasant and efficient.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent Vegas party night at the Quay - good to know you obviously thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. Delighted to hear that the meal was one of the best, including scrumptious pudding, with entertainment of black jack table, roulette and a disco! Great to know my staff were pleasant and efficient.

I'll keep your request in mind for 2 bottles of complimentary wine on the table for next year.

Glad you had a good time and may I wish you all the best for 2014.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently had a christmas meal at the degnwy quay hotel in there massive function room upstairs, in the past this hotel has been known for there fantastic food the word being in the PAST. as we were staying the rooms were fabulous but the food was a real let down. as there were 23 or us for a meal we thought there would have been loads of food. the meals consisted of, starter salmon or soup with warm roll, ( not too bad ) main 3 sprouts 1 carrot 1 roast potatoe 1 parsnip 1 pig in blanket turkey crown 1 slice and drowned off with loads of gravy, definatly was not worth the money. dessert was a choice of christmas pud panacotta or ice cream and as i was the last one to be served i orded christmas pud but got thrown in front of me was panacotta was never at one point asked what i wanted or was i happy with my meal, the cocktail was nice on arrival but your only aloud one so when you ready freec cocktails its clearly not true.we were suppose to have free wine with our meal which they forgot, and from what the wine had tasted like the deganwy quays were really watching there pennies and ripping the customers off, i dont think anyone on our table drank more than a glass full of wine so was a complete waste of money. i will say it wasnt cheap i will never recommend anyone to have a christmas meal at this hotel they might as well go and get a macdonalds at least you know what your getting. the hotel itself was beautiful and the bedrooms were fabulous its just a shame about the food. very very dissapointed.

Room Tip: anyroom there all very clevery placed
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hannah R
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay at the Quay Hotel. I am sorry to read of the disappointments encountered during your Christmas meal and perhaps some explanation details may assist. I feel your comments are a little exaggerated and on the whole we have received very positive comments. We offered a Passionata cocktail on arrival, 3 course menu with 4 courses with each course and Cafetiere Coffee and mints to finish. For those who booked before October they received 2 bottles of wine. Along with Showgirls, lighting, theming, Casino and a DJ for £35.00 I feel this offered great value (I’m sorry to hear you didn’t feel the same way).

I would have appreciated you contacting me directly rather than using an open forum to enable me to discuss your comments with you and restore your confidence.

It was good to note that you found the hotel beautiful and the bedrooms fabulous and do hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future.

Best wishes to you for 2014

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in December through secret escapes on DBB basis. Very smart new hotel in a lovely location on the edge of Conwy estuary. Room was large with view over river. Meal in restaraunt was good although I have to say would be a little overpriced if you orderd all the extra trimmings with your meal. But the main thing that impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff from reception through to waiting on staff in restaraunt. Will return as am looking to put boat in Conwy marina next year and will hopefully stay at Degany Quays again during summer

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your posting, following your recent Secret Escape stay with us. Great to hear you enjoyed our smart hotel with the stunning views across the river. Your comments regarding the meal price has been forwarded on to my Head Chef for consideration.

Good to know my staff were friendly and helpful. I look forward to seeing you again next summer and send you every good wish for 2014.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed for one night in a standard room with view of marina and balcony. Room was good size with large,modern bathroom ,two chairs and a table and full Sky package on the tv - this included MUTV which was great! Room was good value for money. Didn't eat in the restaurant but had snack in the bar and a very decent local draught beer. The food is quite expensive but you expect this in a hotel of this quality. Breakfast menu was very good with both continental and hot choices. I had porridge which was lovely. Cooked breakfast was ok but they were slow to take the order.
All the staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful.Reception staff showed us to the room and the bar staff were attentive and pleasant.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary words, following your recent stay with us. Good to know you enjoyed the accommodation and found us "good value for money".

Delighted to hear you appreciated our local draught beer and Breakfast, particularly that our porridge, was lovely. Nice to have it re-confirmed that my staff our friendly and helpful.

Every good wish for 2014 and I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I Went to the Quay for my works Christmas party, everyone was very excited about the Las Vagas themed night and the food. I could not fault the party atmosphere and enjoyed the night.
However: considering we all paid £35.00pp the food was not up to scratch. the starter was lovely but everyone in our party who ordered the Turkey as a main complained and were offered a free bottle of wine for our trouble.
I very disappointed as i have heard the food at the Quay was lovely, but sadly i can not echo this.

1  Thank lozsparks

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback, following your Xmas Party at the Quay. Good to know the Las Vegas atmosphere was great and your enjoyed the night, however I am concerned to read that the main course was not enjoyed by all.

When you say the food "wasn’t up to scratch" you said the starter was lovely and I’m guessing you not mentioning the dessert that that must have been lovely too? So the Turkey was your issue, why didn’t you pick up the phone or email me personally thus giving me the opportunity to correct your experience. It’s a shame some people just use this website to vent their frustrations rather than giving hoteliers the opportunity to make amends.

I do hope you will remember all other positive elements of the meal and your evening overall.

May I send you every good wish for 2014 and trust I will consider returning to the Quay on another occasion.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Very nice hotel, very clean, big rooms, very polite staff, food as I am vegetarian I found it very average, but their staff did try very hard to please me. Excellent Breakfast.
My husband for stone massage and I had pedicure and manicure, both done very well. My husband liked the massage so much that he forced me to go for it before we left and it was excellent. Had really lovely time at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay to celebrate your wedding anniversary. Good to know you had a really lovely time, particularly with the Spa experiences.

Your valued feedback in respect of our vegetarian choices is much appreciated and will be passed on to my Head Chef.

Belated congratulations on your anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Steve Ogden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!