“Good Food and Good Service”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“Good Food and Good Service”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic break away. Stayed in the penthouse suite it was fantastic, had a lovely lounge and separate dining area a large comfortable bedroom not forgetting the over sized bath complete with TV ( I could have stayed there all night with my glass of wine!) . The views from our balcony of the marina and castle were breathtaking.Our meal in the restaurant was fab and the service was exceptional and staff friendly and helpful,I do recommend the mussels which are harvested from the marina they are delicious. Breakfast was lovely I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg hubby went for the full English and loved the sausages! Exceptional choice for breakfast such as eggs benedict , eggs florentine, kippers etc. We have stayed at this hotel twice before in a regular room but after experiencing the penthouse would highly recommend the upgrade!! A fab hotel with welcoming helpful staff, a relaxing bar to have a drink and admire the views, excellent food and a wonderful spa. Will be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guests

Thank you so much for your brilliant comments, so pleased to know of your appreciation of our Penthouse accommodation, stunning views, restaurant service and exceptional staff.

Good to hear that breakfast was a particular success and the sausages were good. Our supplier is a local butcher in Conwy, who continues to win prestigious awards for his products, one of which are the famous Edwards sausages!!

Glad to hear you will be visiting us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Steve Ogden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
Manchester England
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here with my friend for two nights, lovely hotel and staff, we stayed in a twin room which was very spacious with a fab big bathroom with all the little extras. We stayed on the ground floor room overlooking the garden court yard. The weather was not to good but I imagine in the summer months would be such a lovely place with seating outside the quay to have your tipple before dinner would be just lovely. The dinner was very nice served with freshly baked bread nice little touches, breakfast was enough to feed everyone plenty of choice with fresh produce. This hotel will not disappoint and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Excellent free wifi in rooms and bar.

Room Tip: They are all lovely rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, following your recent two night stay with us at the Quay Hotel.

Good to know how much you enjoyed our spacious accommodation and your "fab" bathroom, restaurant offerings, particularly the locally sourced ingredients for breakfast.

Glad to hear that you will be staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Flintshire, Wales
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My Mum and I came for a spa weekend here on Friday 17th Jan for two nights. We were given a ground floor suite with a view of the estuary.

From the service to the food, rooms to the spa treatments, all I can say is - spectacular.

Nothing is ever too much trouble to the staff here, you are greeted by friendly and welcoming faces who are more than pleased to cater to your needs.

The food was delicious, from perfect scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (my personal favourite so I was delighted to see on the menu!) for breakfast, open steak sandwiched for lunch and amazing steaks (with truffles!) for dinner. Loved the 5 course dinner menu and the amuse bouche to begin your meal is a great touch. The wines with the meal are to die for, I told a very friendly waiter what kind of wine I usually prefer and he brought a couple to try 'that he thought I would like'. 5 star service.

The rooms are beautiful, pristine and well appointed.

Would stay here again without a doubt, even contemplating holding my wedding here!

Thank you for a beautiful weekend Quay Spa and Hotel!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, following your recent two night stay at the Quay. I am so pleased you and your mother enjoyed your time with us, especially our stunning location, delicious food, wines and great spa treatments.

Do hope we can offer you our spectacular setting for your wedding, do contact us for further assistance, we'd be more than happy to help.

wigan
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We went there to celebrate my niece Rachael's wedding. The facilities were excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed bed and breakfast and we had a great choice of food. The setting was so beautiful. Sadly it was bad weather but I can imagine in the summer it would be superb.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind compliments, following your recent two night stay to celebrate your niece's wedding at the Quay Hotel.

Delighted to know your found our facilities excellent and my staff helpful and friendly. Good to hear that you appreciated our stunning setting, but sorry to you didn't see our views in better weather.

Do hope you will visit us again, perhaps during the summer to experience our fabulous location in the sunshine!

Best wishes to you for 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

decided last min to go for overnight package new year eve meal dinner and room, best for many years very good food, accmadation excerlent entertainment and atmosphere good except for live band lead singer was the worst i have ever incounted before, not the hotels fault

Room Tip: chose sea view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martin j
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great feedback, following you last minute New Year's Eve experience at the Quay Hotel.

I am delighted you obviously really enjoyed your time with us - I am sorry that the lead singer was not the best, however do appreciate your comments which will be taken into account when planning next year's event.

Hope you will find an opportunity to visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Once again our very best wishes to you for 2014.

General manager
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A two night stay here on a 'beat the blues' package was the christmas present my wife and I decided to give each other, so we dumped the kids at the grandparents and set off to Deganwy! It turned out to be a good choice. A room upgrade was included as part of the package but we were further upgraded upon arrival to a Suite which had a seperate sitting room area, dressing area and a huge bathroom with a bath big enough for two, a seperate shower cubicle and two sinks (room 248 - highly recomended). The views over the marina and the estury to the Castle were very pretty - just a shame it was a bit too cold to use the balcony! Room was very well equipped with hairdryer, iron, chiller cabinet, two TV's (with Sky), bathrobes, tea-making facilities etc and it was spotlessly clean. Upon booking, the receptionist had asked if we were comming to celebrate a special occasion and I had explained that it was our christmas present and there was a greeting card and two cupcakes waiting for us in a box - very nice little touch! The room was also very quiet - there was a large wedding in the Hotel on the Saturday night and we were not distrubed by music or other noise. We ate in the Hotel restaurant on three occasions (excluding breakfast) and enjoyed the food and service very much. As others have pointed out, it is not cheap but you do get what you pay for in this instance. Breakfast was good, nice continental selection of fruit, cheese, meats, pastry's etc followed by a traditional fry-up or a choice of eggs benedict, omlette, smoked haddock, kippers etc if you have more respect for your arteries! The staff were always polite and friendly and keen to please and this really made a difference. The spa was OK - bit smaller than I imagined and quite busy (especially the steam-room) - we didn't have any 'treatments' so I can't comment on those.
The hotel is a 1.8 mile walk along a coastal path into Conwy.
Overall, this was an excellent weekend, the staff work hard to make you feel welcome, the facilities are great and everything is kept clean and in good order. I would cetainly recomend staying here and look forward to returning at some point in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina and on the second floor - room 248 is ideal, great views, quie...
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, following your recent "beat the blues" stay with us at the Quay. I am delighted to read that you appreciated the accommodation upgrade, our stunning location, great restaurant and friendly helpful staff.

Good to know we ticked all the boxes for you and thank you for your recommendations. I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Best wishes to you both for 2014

Llanrhidian, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have just returned from the Quay Hotel and Spa after enjoying a really lovely week-end. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for them. They made us feel so welcome, each one of them were so friendly. I unfortunately could not use the Spa facilities as I am undergoing chemo therapy, the reason for our week-end break. My husband used the gym and was very happy with the facility. Unfortunately I could not get him booked for the spa as they were fully booked. The room was very spacious, should we be knit picking, the only fault we could find is that the tv was too small for the room. We had difficulty reading the menu from our bed, but then again we did not spend much time in the room, so it does not really matter? Once again, overall we give it a 10/10. We have now booked for an event's evening soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments following your recent weekend at the Quay Hotel. Good to hear that you found my team friendly and helpful and you enjoyed our accommodation offering and facilities.

Regarding the TV size, we are currently planning to replace some TV's to larger screens enhance the guest experience. Your valued feedback is much appreciated.

I would also advise that our Spa does get very busy, particularly at weekends so making an appointment before you arrive may be helpful in assuring you a treatment booking..

Many thanks for the 10/10 score and we look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion you have already booked!

Best wishes to you both for 2014

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
St. George's Hotel
St. George's Hotel
#16 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!