“Our Wedding at The Quay Hotel and Spa”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently married at the Quay Hotel, they provided us with the perfect day! Kerry Gray is their wedding planner, she was excellent at listening to our requirements and delivered in full! Kerry, Alison (events organiser) and Yanik made sure that everything went like clockwork and their attention to detail was first class! Steve Ogden (General Manager) certainly has an excellent team and he must be very proud, overall we couldn't have asked for a better day, which exceeded our expectations!
Mike & Carys

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mike & Carys

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent wedding with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you had "the perfect" wedding day, that you wished for.

I shall pass your comments on to my team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon I hope.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My now fiancé took me to the Quay Hotel & Spa in November to propose to me and the weekend could not have been any more perfect. The accommodation is superb, the food is superb and the spa is fantastic. We stayed in an executive room with a Marina view and it was beautiful. The rooms are very big as are the bathrooms. Breakfast was lovely as was the food in the Grill restaurant. We both had massages and facials in the spa which were great and I also had a Jessica geleration nail treatment which was good (granted not the best I have ever had but the girl who did them was super friendly). We have now decided to have our wedding at the hotel as we were that impressed with the location and service etc, all the staff are very friendly and we cannot wait to have our wedding here in 2015. When my fiancé booked the hotel for our engagement the penthouse suite was already fully booked but we had a look at this for our wedding and WOW.. definitely worth the extra money. I have also recently found out that dogs are allowed in this hotel which I think is fantastic, this hotel keeps getting better and better! This hotel is definitely the best hotel in Wales in my opinion and we will continue to return.

Room Tip: Even their most basic room is fab so you cant really go wrong!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackie r
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments, following your stay with us last November. I am delighted to hear how much you appreciated our superb accommodation, great restaurant food,wonderful spa treatments and my friendly helpful staff.

Very much looking forward to welcoming you back for your wedding in 2015, but do hope you will visit us before then, for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just called into The Quay for a Bar Meal on Sunday with an elderly guest in tow - amazing, incredible service by Becky, who served us, this was definitely someone 'going the extra mile'.
The chairs were a little low for our elderly guest, but without missing a beat she had put two cushions onto the chair for him, this was real customer service awareness.
Food was good and the menu gave plenty of choice for all of us.
We returned for dinner with friends on Wednesday evening and the service again was excellent in the Grill Room, with the best steaks we have had in ages.
After visiting and staying at The Quay in the past, we haven't always been bowled over by the service levels, but things are definitely changing for the better.
Well done Quay Team

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great comments, following your recent dining experiences at the Quay Hotel.

I am delighted to know that my team offered amazing service and your kind words have been passed on to Becky and the team.

Good to know the food was good and the steaks were " the best you had had in ages".

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic break away. Stayed in the penthouse suite it was fantastic, had a lovely lounge and separate dining area a large comfortable bedroom not forgetting the over sized bath complete with TV ( I could have stayed there all night with my glass of wine!) . The views from our balcony of the marina and castle were breathtaking.Our meal in the restaurant was fab and the service was exceptional and staff friendly and helpful,I do recommend the mussels which are harvested from the marina they are delicious. Breakfast was lovely I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg hubby went for the full English and loved the sausages! Exceptional choice for breakfast such as eggs benedict , eggs florentine, kippers etc. We have stayed at this hotel twice before in a regular room but after experiencing the penthouse would highly recommend the upgrade!! A fab hotel with welcoming helpful staff, a relaxing bar to have a drink and admire the views, excellent food and a wonderful spa. Will be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests

Thank you so much for your brilliant comments, so pleased to know of your appreciation of our Penthouse accommodation, stunning views, restaurant service and exceptional staff.

Good to hear that breakfast was a particular success and the sausages were good. Our supplier is a local butcher in Conwy, who continues to win prestigious awards for his products, one of which are the famous Edwards sausages!!

Glad to hear you will be visiting us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here with my friend for two nights, lovely hotel and staff, we stayed in a twin room which was very spacious with a fab big bathroom with all the little extras. We stayed on the ground floor room overlooking the garden court yard. The weather was not to good but I imagine in the summer months would be such a lovely place with seating outside the quay to have your tipple before dinner would be just lovely. The dinner was very nice served with freshly baked bread nice little touches, breakfast was enough to feed everyone plenty of choice with fresh produce. This hotel will not disappoint and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Excellent free wifi in rooms and bar.

Room Tip: They are all lovely rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, following your recent two night stay with us at the Quay Hotel.

Good to know how much you enjoyed our spacious accommodation and your "fab" bathroom, restaurant offerings, particularly the locally sourced ingredients for breakfast.

Glad to hear that you will be staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My Mum and I came for a spa weekend here on Friday 17th Jan for two nights. We were given a ground floor suite with a view of the estuary.

From the service to the food, rooms to the spa treatments, all I can say is - spectacular.

Nothing is ever too much trouble to the staff here, you are greeted by friendly and welcoming faces who are more than pleased to cater to your needs.

The food was delicious, from perfect scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (my personal favourite so I was delighted to see on the menu!) for breakfast, open steak sandwiched for lunch and amazing steaks (with truffles!) for dinner. Loved the 5 course dinner menu and the amuse bouche to begin your meal is a great touch. The wines with the meal are to die for, I told a very friendly waiter what kind of wine I usually prefer and he brought a couple to try 'that he thought I would like'. 5 star service.

The rooms are beautiful, pristine and well appointed.

Would stay here again without a doubt, even contemplating holding my wedding here!

Thank you for a beautiful weekend Quay Spa and Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, following your recent two night stay at the Quay. I am so pleased you and your mother enjoyed your time with us, especially our stunning location, delicious food, wines and great spa treatments.

Do hope we can offer you our spectacular setting for your wedding, do contact us for further assistance, we'd be more than happy to help.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We went there to celebrate my niece Rachael's wedding. The facilities were excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed bed and breakfast and we had a great choice of food. The setting was so beautiful. Sadly it was bad weather but I can imagine in the summer it would be superb.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind compliments, following your recent two night stay to celebrate your niece's wedding at the Quay Hotel.

Delighted to know your found our facilities excellent and my staff helpful and friendly. Good to hear that you appreciated our stunning setting, but sorry to you didn't see our views in better weather.

Do hope you will visit us again, perhaps during the summer to experience our fabulous location in the sunshine!

Best wishes to you for 2014

Steve Ogden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#20 of 60 in Llandudno
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!