“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Telford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visited this hotel for a few days get away from it all break. I booked through Secret Escapes for the first time.
Arrived at the hotel to be greeted warmly by the reception staff, who enquired about our journey and where we had travelled from. Just a nice little touch. After checking in, we headed off to our room. We were told to go into the second 'tower' and our room was on the ground floor. We entered the door with our room number marked on it, to enter a small lobby, with two doors, one of which was our room. What a surprise when we went in! There was yet another lobby/hallway with three doors. One was the bathroom, one was the bedroom and one was the lounge/dining area. What a bonus - we were in a suite. Very pleasantly surprised bearing in mind we had got a brilliant price! There was also a furnished patio area with an amazing view over the estuary. This place is gorgeous, in a fantastic location.
The staff are really attentive, seem genuinely pleased to assist in anyway possible and the service is second to none. We had to contact reception about a faulty bulb in the bathroom and within minutes of us getting back to our room, someone knocked on the door to repair it. Super fast service. My only gripe, and it is a personal one, but it would be nice to have a plug near a mirror in the bedroom, for us girlies wanting to blow dry our hair.
We had gone for the Dinner, bed and breakfast option and although there is a selected choice of meals for this, you can choose other meals, some with a supplement. The food is exceptional and offers a real variety with some amazing flavours. The wine menu is extensive and there is an option of a 'wine flight' which gives you the chance to try three different wines in smaller glasses, letting you discover different flavours and maybe finding a favourite. The service in the restaurant is brilliant, with all the staff in sync with each other, all seeming to know where each table is at with the meal and who is waiting for what. You never need to pour yourself a drink as the staff are there ready but are certainly not intrusive.
This really is one of those hotels where you feel special and where all the staff really can't do enough for you. I would highly recommend the Quay to anyone just wanting to get away from it all in a fantastic, relaxing location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the estuary
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Quay Hotel and Spa.
I am delighted to hear that the team made you feel special throughout your stay and you thought the Food in our Grill Room was exceptional.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team ,I look forward to welcoming you back to the Quay in the near future.

Many Thanks

Simon Harding

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Couples' package for my partner and I made a wonderful present for his birthday. All staff, from those at reception to the restaurant and Spa were polite, attentive and efficient. Food excellent and location great. Already booked another.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay, I will pass your kind comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Quay in the near future.

Many Thanks

Simon Harding
merseyside
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights dinner/BB we stayed in a suit it over looked the estuary the views were amazing the room was clean and very comfortable, the meal was outstanding and the service was excellent everyone was friendly from the minute we arrived the manageress on the reception made us very welcome by personally taking to our room. We cannot thank the staff enough for such excellent service.

Room Tip: Book the spa in advance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lovesholidays27
Eloic M, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments following your recent 2 night stay with us. Good to know you enjoyed our amazing views, outstanding meals and excellent service from my friendly team.

Very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a wonderful few days here before Easter. We could not have been more warmly welcomed, the estuary rooms have amazing views, breakfasts were plentiful and good for all ages and the serice was great throughout the stay. Supper in the restaurant was a highlight for all of us - the amuse-bouche served with the children's menu and the wine flight were particularly good. The swimming pool was well-used by all of us too although the jacuzzi was a little cold and there were not very many pool-side loungers. Cocktails on the terrace, sunset over the river, a REN facial - all to die for

Room Tip: Make sure you get an estuary room - the ones at the back overlook the car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us last month. I am delighted to know you were greeted with a warm welcome, enjoyed the amazing views and great dining experiences with excellent service.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The best thing about the hotel is undoubtedly its location, sited out at Deganwy Harbour. Staff were attentive and helpful. The restaurant and breakfast were both excellent, with good quality local produce and a menu that doesn't spread itself too thinly. Hotel room decor could benefit from some modernisation, but our room was otherwise spacious and comfortable. The one minor disappointment was the shower, which was more akin to sporadic dripping.

Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind feedback, following your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel. Great to know you appreciated our wonderful location, excellent dining experiences and my helpful and attentive staff.

I would confirm that we are currently undertaking a programme of refurbishment with all rooms on a phased scheduled. I am sorry to note that the shower provision was not as we would have wished. I have spoken with my maintenance team to rectify and resolve the issue.

I do hope to welcome you back in the future for a return visit.

Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Quay hotel is in a great location with views over the Conwy river to the Castle and hills. My wife and I had booked a spa treatment with lunch package. I have to say the girls in the spa were really nice and helpful. Very attentive with plenty of drinks and towels and we had a great time there. Not the same could be said for our lunch. I ordered a ham Panini and as you can see by my photograph it came with hardly any ham in it at all. When I showed the waitress she went to get more ham but that's not the point. Whoever made up the Panini in the kitchen did not put sufficient filling in the Panini and you have to ask “why”. Do they think customers are stupid and wouldn't look? I can't believe a hotel of this standing would deliberately try to make more money by cutting back on ingredients so whats going on? This experience spoilt what was otherwise a pleasant afternoon of R & R

1 Thank PH&LH
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent visit to the Quay Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your spa treatments and our stunning location. I am sorry to note your disappointment regarding your lunch experience and do apologise for the shortfall. I have spoken with the my Head Chef and would assure you that the matter has been addressed to ensure improved consistency of the quality offered.

There was certainly no intention to mislead a customer or to cut back on ingredients. We were only too pleased that you brought the matter to our attention, so we could rectify the issue at the time.

Good to know you had a pleasant afternoon and I do hope you will return in the future. When you have a date in mind, do contact me so I can personally take care of you.

Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I with our 4 year old twins and in laws stayed for 2 nights for my father in laws 70th birthday. The hotel and its staff are impeccable, we stayed in a suite overlooking the estuary, fabulous views and the room was huge - having young children, we really appreciated the space of the living room area which had patio windows leading out with garden furniture and a large expanse of grass which was perfect for my two to play in. There was a fridge in the room which was another useful touch when travelling with children to store drinks, snacks and the odd bottle of wine or beer! We just loved sitting out having a drink and watching the sun go down over the estuary.
We booked for evening meals as well - what a treat that was - real fine dining, on a par with masterchef with all the fancy options, we were spoiled for choice - you cannot complain about portion size when fine dining such as this. The staff were just wonderful, making a fuss over e children and making sure our every need was taken care of.
We're looking to return next year and would recommend this to anyone, a couple wanting a break or a young family, a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is worth it if you need the space but probably go for the cheaper option if just for a cou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments following your recent 2 night stay to celebrate your father-in-law's 70th birthday. Delighted to know you enjoyed our fabulous views, suite accommodation and great meals. I have passed your kind words on to Chef - just hope she doesn't get any ideas to enter the Masterchef comp, at the moment!

Thank you for your recommendation and good to hear you will be returning next year and we look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
St. George's Hotel
#16 of 60 in Llandudno
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,327 reviews
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!