The Quay Hotel & Spa
US$170
US$573
US$402
Agoda.com
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$126
Toprooms.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Bay Marine Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Swn Y Mor Hotel(Llandudno)
TripAdvisor
The Oasis(Llandudno)
  • Breakfast included
2,875 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitesauna and steam roomrelaxation roomleisure facilitiesmodern hotelafternoon teanorth walesoverlooking the marinathe ground floorlovely locationevening meallarge bathroombirthday treatrestaurant stafffirst class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here 3 1/2 years ago for a friend's wedding/our 1st wedding anniversary weekend. We've wanted to return ever since so when they emailed us with a "Babymoon" experience it seemed too good to pass up. Doubled it up with the my wife's birthday and they couldn't have made us feel more welcome. From the amazing 4 course meals included in the package to the bespoke massages for my wife (who's 35 weeks pregnant) and I everything was exemplary. Fantastic views from the bar terrace. Tranquil courtyard terrace area from our room. Complimentary treats delivered to our room when we wanted. A free room upgrade if we return within a year of our child's birth. The whole package is so well thought out and has saved us in excess of £120. If anyone is looking to treat a pregnant loved one I would thoroughly recommend The Quay. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2014
Eloic M, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Michael B,
Thank you very much for your great review, I was glad to read that you enjoyed our "babymoon" package. The team and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here courtesy of bmw. The hotel was wonderful. Breakfast was excellent and staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. I would recommend you ask for a room next to the courtyard should you can set out and enjoy the sun sheltered from the wind

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian R,
Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay with us. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We decided to go out to Dinner at the Quay as we like the Hotel and it has a fantastic location.
On arriving in the Grill Room Restaurant we were informed that it was the first night of there New Menu !!!
Not a great Choice mostly steaks and making a feature of the New Bertha Grill oven,.(Cooks at a very high temperature sealing in the flavour and cooking quickly, So why did it take almost 30 minutes to produce a simple no frills steak and Chips.Apart from steaks on 2 other meats on the menu a chicken dish and an Ox cheek and Ox Tongue, the Ox cheek was very good but the flavour of the sauce over powered the the delicate flavour of the Tongue.. 1 fish dish and 1 vegetarian.
Staff the young Restaurant staff were very nice and trying to please but they were not very well supervised or guided by the senior Restaurant staff. The Senior Restaurant staff were sadly lost in there own Importance.!! more training more understanding or customer needs and not there own self importance.
This Hotel is of good quality, in a stunning location pity about the Grill Restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eloic M, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback, following your recent stay with us at the Quay. I am sorry to note that your dining experience was disappointing, please be assured I have spoken to the relevant managers in order to ensure consistency in the quality and service offered.

I would clarify that there is a good selection of steaks, due to customer demands and hence the naming of the Restaurant. However, I would confirm that there is a varied choice of other dishes within the Restaurant Menu, including 3 fish mains, 3 vegetarian mains and 3 meat mains. Alternatively, we would have been more than happy to have served dishes from the Lounge Bar Menu, in the Restaurant, if you had preferred.

Your helpful comments regarding staff is much appreciated and is being acted upon.

Good to know you found the hotel good quality and enjoyed our stunning views and location. I trust you will return to the Quay in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Kind regards

Eloic Montagnier

Reviewed 5 June 2014

stayed here monday night can't fault it. lovely room nice staff & excellent breakfast.. nice views over the harbour. my grandson really enjoyed the swimming pool which was nice & clean & lovely & warm. thank you all

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gw54

Dear Gw54,Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review, I am glad to read that you and your grandson have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Having had an excellent visit to this hotel in May 2013, I took my wife for another night there last week for her birthday. We booked a his and hers spa package which included a bottle of champagne, dinner, bed and breakfast and a spa treatment. We booked a suite to make it a bit more special. I have to say that the suite was amazing. It was vast and very modern in its decor. The view from the balcony was great. The champagne was also very nice ! All I would say is that I specifically asked for a suite on the first floor but when our room was allocated it was on the ground floor. When I queried this a first floor suite was found immediately. Why not just give me what I asked for first time ? Before we went for lunch we went to the gym and then into the pool/sauna. I have to say that the gym was ridiculously hot and it made any concerted excercise a real effort. I would also comment that the changing rooms are looking a bit tired and in need of a touch up perhaps.
After a nice bar lunch we went for the spa treatment. Thank goodness we had booked as it was absolutely full up which, on a Monday, surprised me. We both had a lovely massage. The spa itself is very nice indeed and I enjoyed it. Later on we had dinner in the Grill Room. It was excellent but, somewhat surprisingly, the menu had not changed at all in the 12 months since our last visit. Consequently, I had exactly the same dinner this time as I did last time. One would have thought that a menu change would be appropriate ? However, that said, the food was very nice as was breakfast the morning after.
This hotel is excellent and I thoroughly recommend it. My final comment is in relation to my wife's birthday. I specifically mentioned it when I booked it and when the waitress asked if we were there for a special reason we told her that it was for my wife's 40th. However, the hotel made no acknowledgement whatsoever of this. I found that odd. Surely, as part of customer care the hotel should have given her a card at the very least. Yaya Toure would not have stood for it ! Anyway, as I said, it's a truly great hotel and we had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Quay. I am pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the suite you were in the heavenly spa treatment and your bar lunch.

I am sorry to hear though you found the Gym to hot to exercise in , we have air-conditioning set at a constant 17 oC in the exercise room, I have asked my maintenance team to look into your comment . We also currently have a on-going programme to upgrade and improve our changing facilities in the Leisure club.

Our Grill Room Restaurant's menu changes four times a year,to ensure that we are using the best quality ingredients that the season has to offer. We do serve the same cuts meat from our Grill Bertha oven as last year.

Please pass on our belated birthday wishes to your wife from all the staff at the Quay and I do hope she is not thinking of putting in a transfer request to go to Paris St. Germain now like Yaya.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you both back to the Quay in the near future.

Many Thanks