“Nothing at all like The Old Mill B&B! Awful.”

Old Mill Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yarm
Old Mill Apartments
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

There is absolutely no way these people should be allowed to market these as The Old Mill Apartments. They have nothing to do with The Old Mill B&B other than that's where you pick your keys up! After a 15 min drive you will find the apartment are on a new estate with some rather 'dodgy' looking shops and a huge supermarket next to them. Our apartments absolutely stank of stale smoke, so much so that we simply could t bear to stay any longer to even make breakfast. So so so glad we only booked one night.

Overall, awful and a complete con. Thinking of ringing trading standards as they are quite obviously mis advertising these. They are not 'luxury' by any stretch of the imagination. 'Scummy' would be the word I would use!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Lancashireguy

Reviewed 13 May 2011

Terrible accomodation for £66, I was put in a featureless room, it was a hot day and there was no means of ventilation, no toiletries, the plug in the sink didnt open and the floor was dirty. The owners are rude and aggressive and to cap an awful experience they wanted an additional £7.50 for breakfast! Worst experience of my life!!

Room Tip: avoid all together
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank gazzer1
Reviewed 22 October 2010

poor welcome, two single beds pushed together, no mattress protector, duvet did not fit over the two beds, brown throw stained, two pillows on bed spare ones had no covers, only one bedside lamp, one chair, no hairdryer in room, thin walls.. heard everything. £90 wasted.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank anita87
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Phoned up to say my father had been rushed into hospital, that I understood the 14 day payment policy (the trip was in 4 days time) but could I have the trip at a quiet period later , although could not give an exact date due to my fathers condition. The lady was very nice and said she would ask her boss and get back to me. A phone message was left the next day to say they would be taking the money (fair enough but no mention of a re-book). After another phone call another girl said she would ask too( I said keep it open for us if we have to pay anyway.) 24 hours later its booked up and they would not let us transfer it as a wedding gift to friends. I never queried having to pay but you think the owner would have made a small concession. Sorry to slam the phone down on the staff it was bad of me and I would like to apologise to her. At least dads on the mend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Gazzerpre
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We wanted to visit,at short notice, family in Yarm.Our favourite hotel was fully booked so I looked on the internet and found the Old Mill Apartments. Knowing the area
we knew the one we chose was on a vast newly built housing estate but it was close to where we wanted to be.
Check in at The Old Mill was very friendly and I am glad I asked about hair dryers as the receptionist lent us one for the night. The map she gave us to find the apartment was not very helpful and it took us ages to find it.When we arrived we had to park in a visitor's parking place as all the parking bays are labelled. The apartment was warm enough but we did have problems with hot water. I would say that overall if it had not been marketed as a luxary apartment, we would have been satisfied. The furniture in the living area is functional but tired. The kitchen is very basic and I did complain that there was nothing to clean up with ( liquid soap,dish cloths etc) so we had to clean our plates in soap less tepid water. The bathroom likewise had very little in the way of 'luxary'. Shampoo and bath liquid was supplied in large plastic bottles from Asda! Towels were white once and thin. The bed though was a futon and proved surprisingly comfortable. There were two double bedrooms though the second bedroom was a small double.
All in all at £90 for a night it was value for money but do not be fooled into thinking this is luxary in any shape or form. It would be better if they marketed these apartments differently then people would not be disappointed when they arrived as they do fulfill a purpose.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JMJAE
Reviewed 9 April 2010

This apartment was so basic, it had old furniture they must have brought from an opp shop... The website states they have a freezer and a dishwasher and washing machine... had NONE of these... when i contacted and emailed them about it they said "oh it doesnt say we have all of those" so they dont even know what their own website states. Although then they turned around and said, we have 3 other apartments if you had told us you wanted one of those appliances we would have put you in one with those appliances. "HMMM" so you stuck us in the worst apartment you had? False advertising. We had no hot water, the hot water boiler was off when we got there, turned it on, still didnt give us hot water in the morning... they didnt seem to care, no refund no sorry... just "we will take note of this for future"
Pathetic. Bad customer service, the beds were cheap futon crap that fell apart, the towels had pubic hair all in them. They give you budget asda hair shampoo half used. This is meant to be 4-5 star? Hahaha, i would rate this 1 star. I have stayed in a travelodge before and believe this was luxury compared to this apartment.
Worst stay ever, glad i only stayed one night.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank MelbLady
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stayed here on business, as I travel alot and being female,I do not need a resturant or the need of a hotel bar, so I took the option of an apartment.The apartment is very basic,but clean, asked for the heating to be left on as I was not arriving till late and the weather was freezing, this did not happen, so very cold on arrival, whic is not fun when you have been working all day.The TV at first would not work and the only way to contact the owners at ther hotel( 15 mins away) was to go out side and call them on my mobile as there is no phone or direct line to the hotel.You could not get a mobile signal any where in the apartment hence the TV kept loosing signal, so I also could not use my laptop either.Took a bath and washed my hair,sounds normal..could not find the hair dryer, so wrapped my hair in a towel,went outside again in the cold to contact reception, and asked where the hair dryer was, and to my great astonishment they said they did not supply hair dryers, only in the hotel, even though the web site states a well equiped apartment.Asked to speak to the owner and asked if some one could drop off a dryer, and the reply I got was no one here to help, recertionest can not drive and I have a child to look after, no impresses at all.I have stayed from 5* to 2* hotels, many b b's and apartments and have never been with out a hair dryer.In the end knocked on a neigbours door to see if they could help, a very understanding youg lady helped me out. I found the owner ( being female ) not at all professional in her attitude and would not stay here again.These apartments are very basic and if any thng goes wrong you are on your own.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business