“Wonderful place to stay!”
Review of Yarm Cottages

Yarm Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yarm
Yarm Cottages
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Just came back from our holiday in Yarm, it was Wonderful from beginning to end! Yarm Cottages was the perfect place to stay for our family. The hosts were ever so accommodating and friendly, our cottage was clean and warm (despite the snowstorm that passed over while we were there). Beds were comfy and we had everything we needed for our family of 4, including an 18 month old and a 2 week old.
Thank you so much! We would definitely stay there again if we find ourselves in that part of the country!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leeds
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at Yarm Cottages for a weekend with my partner and our 6 month old baby. With baby in tow, we needed somewhere comfortable where we would be happy to spend some time (not just to come back to to sleep), and we found that and more in our cottage. Stable Cottage was extremely well fitted and finished, and had everything we needed.The owners were friendly and welcoming, and the location suited us perfectly for access to Yarm and other parts of Teesside. The only down side was the amount of time it took us to find the cottages using our GPS, as the address on the website had a postcode which took us to the nearby Tall Trees Hotel, and a road name which it seems is not actually the road that the cottages are on. Other than that we really appreciated what Yarm Cottages had to offer, and would go back at the drop of a hat.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BigNumber3
Ramsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Yarm Cottages for a week whilst visiting family and friends in the region. We were absolutely delighted with the cottage (Stable Cottage), and I could see that the other cottages are all of equally high standard. The cottages have an old world charm to them, and they are maintained and equipped to a very high standard. Geoff and Jan, were there to greet us when we arrived and they did everything they could to ensure that we were settled and had everything that we needed.The cottages are a walkable mile from the centre of Yarm, which is a bustling with many quaint shops and restaurants.These cottages will definitely be our choice of accommodation whenever we are visiting the region.
Dee & Michael

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have just come back from a long weekend at Yarm Cottages...We had a wedding to go to at Crathorne Hall which is only about a 5 minute drive down the road, so a perfect position for us. On a whole the location was perfect, not far from the coast of Whitby and also within easy distance to Durham and other beautiful towns and places of interest.

There was me and my husband and my sister and her partner...we stayed in the store, which was beautifully furnished and had everything we needed. The cottage was so clean, with crisp white bed linen and towels. It was also great having 2 bathrooms so we weren't having to wait for each other. The size of the cottage was also a nice surprise, we had no feeling of being cramped.

The owner Geoff was very friendly and came to meet us as soon as we pulled up in the car. He showed us the basics, left the keys and said if we needed him he lived on site so to ask for anything. He did not bother us at all after that which was great but we knew if we needed anything to just go and ask.

Overall our time here was amazing and we could not fault one aspect. The cottages are set in beautiful surroundings and i love how the old meets new...they are also just a stones throw away from yarm centre where we had a great meal and there are lots of places to choose from.

We have already said that we would definately return and it was well worth the money we paid. I would like to say a big thank you to Geoff for being so helpful before our stay with you with answering all my questions and for being so friendly and welcoming when we arrived. We hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We have stayed at Yarm Cottages several times over the course of the past few years, we stayed twice during 2011. We have actually stayed in all but one of their cottages. Jan & Geoff are truly tremendous people and have always taken time to ensure that our stays have been nothing short of fantastic. They definitely care about their customers and are friendly and attentive. They have also spent considerable time and effort in blending old with new and making their propeties functional while maintaining certain elements of old-world charm. We will definitely be staying with them again this year. Have read other reviews it seems that our experience is similar to many others. Jan & Geoff please continue to do what you are doing and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed @ Yarm cottages for 3 months in 2011 while working in the local area and the accommodation became a home from home for me. The nicest self catering accommodation I have stayed in in the uk. Geoff & Jan could never do enough for you and became like friends during my stay. The local village Yarm is just a short walk away to the shops and full of lovely restaurants and bars for the evenings. Lots to do within a short drive in many directions.

My husband & I are looking forward to visiting again this year for a wee holiday!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I am writing this review as the last review, clearly has the wrong cottages. I am reviewing Yarm Cottages, next to the Tall Trees Hotel.

I live in the Middle East, and return to the UK, in the summer for a month and stay at Yarm Cottages, have done for the last 5 years. In that time I have stayed in all them, they are all stunning, its hard to choose which one to stay in because they all have different features. They are all decorated and furnished to a very high standard, and there is everything you could possibly need whilst you are away from home. The cottages are immaculate, and are cleaned once a week whilst you are staying there, with fresh linen too.

The grounds are stunning too, all cottages have outside garden areas, with outdoor tables and chairs. My son is a big fan of the sheep in the nearby field and the hens.

The owners, are wonderful and are always there, if you have any problems or need advise on the local area.

It is a pleasure to stay at the Yarm Cottages once a year and I am looking forward to my stay this year too, the only advise I can give is book early!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarm
The Spa Hotel
The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast
Field View B&B
Field View B&B
#3 of 5 in Yarm

Been to Yarm Cottages? Share your experiences!