“Lovely stay ”

The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Yarm B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The old mill is a lovely b&b - has everything you could ask for in a bed and breakfast!
I stayed in the tool shed; decorated nicely, clean and tidy and had a smart bathroom.
The staff were friendly, polite and extremely helpful when I asked about the area and where the best places to visit were.
The staff were great when serving breakfast - created a nice atmosphere for me to sit and enjoy my full English, always making sure I had what I needed.
Overall it was a lovely stay and I would go again. Made me feel at home, which I love, and nothing was a bother which made my life a heck of a lot easier when staying there!

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My partner and 8 year old boy stayed here when we was watching the touring cars at croft circuit about 15 minutes from the hotel. I wasn't aware how much the room had cost until we got there but it's very fair to say IT IS NOT WORTH £90 A NIGHT. we was led to believe that we'd be staying in the mill itself but all we got was a pokey, dingy room in an extension out the back with the only "view" being a load of old hardcore and rubbish from previous building works. The bed sheets was dirty, the sheets didn't even fit the bed and there was no cover on the manky spare duvet in the cupboard for the boy. The carpet was dirty too and although the shower was a powerful one it flooded the tray in about 5 minutes. The owners seemed nice enough what we see of them but the lad on reception wasn't really helpful, nor polite and come morning time we just dumped the key and went. We wasn't prepared to hang around any longer than forced. I've stayed in lots of hotels/b&bs all over the world and I am confident in saying this is the worst experience I've had. I'll just remind you of the price......£90 for one night. Absolute rip off and they should be ashamed of themselves. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. I'd sooner pitch a tent on the side of the road.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Shaun S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having a phone call at 11 am as we where driving to an event near by, unnerved us as when we tried to call back no answer, when we did get through it was to tell us reception closed at 7pm, thought they where telling us about our booking, please leave voice mail if you call guests. Arrived location was great, had the room above the dinning area, beds made and clean sheets, but room had not been cleaned, bin was full, cups unwashed, shower door was hanging off, shelves full of dust, such a shame lots of money has been spent on other areas, they looked great. Great pub just down the road, food was great. would I book again, only if I was guarenteed a better room but we did book last minute, but it only takes 30 minutes to clean a room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank samemm
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When we arrived we were asked what time we wanted breakfast the following morning. We said 9am. When we arrived for breakfast at 8.55am the following morning we were told that the chef had gone. No alternative was offered.

The room was nice, if a bit small. The be was very uncomfortable with an extremely lumpy mattress.

The shower contained used bottles obviously from the previous guests, leading me to think that the shower hadn't been cleaned.

Staff were ok, but conversations were very brief.

Room Tip: If you want a comfy sleep don't choose the tool shed!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed for 4 night clean comfortable room with everything u could want from a b&b clean towel's daily and topped up supply's of tea, coffee and biscuits daily, fantastic choice for breakfast and very friendly staff would recommend to family and friends and would love to stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Old Mill met all our overnight requirements at a reasonable price when visiting the area recently to attend a social event nearby.Our room was clean a spacious with its own decking area and table and chairs to sit out.This room however would not be suitable for anybody with mobility issues as the room is accessed by an outside metal staircase this perhaps needs to be made clear when booking.The Old Mill is a quirky building with a courtyard setting and there appears to be plenty of other rooms with easy ground floor access.We booked a late breakfast for the morning this was served in a open plan spacious dining kitchen and we couldn't have been made more welcome.The food was freshly prepared and plentiful to say the least everything was on offer from fresh fruit, yogurts, variety of cereals, huge jug of fresh orange juice,freshly made toast and preserves,hot cafetiere of coffee and the biggest fried breakfast anybody could wish for.Close by Yarm is lovely little Town to visit with quirky shops cafes bars and bistros and The Old Mill a relaxing b&b to stay all in all a lovely weekend get away.Keep up the good work guys ps:- Thanks for ordering the lovely weather.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HHWestYorkshire
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for one night with my wife. received a great welcome by the staff who were very helpful. rooms and bathroom were very well cleaned and presented, My room also had patio doors leading out to a decking area with table and chairs which was pleasant. comfortable and relaxing nights sleep. Highly recommended and will return, Thank you

Room Tip: Room 1 has a patio area and is up a set of stairs on its own. a lot of privacy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarm
The Spa Hotel
Wynyard Hall
#1 of 1 in Billingham
Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge
Chapters Hotel and Restaurant

Been to The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!