Stayed here on a Saturday night with a group of friends. When we checked in the manager was rude and made us feel unwelcome as we didnt know the room numbers we had booked!!! Surely that is something they should know? We were shown to our rooms by a young girl who had no idea which room was which.
I was in room two, a single, it was basic (as you would expect at this price) with tea/coffee making facilities with lots of sugar, milk etc and was clean. However it was freezing cold, the window was covered in mould, it had a mattress that really needed replacing and a toilet seat that had seen better days!
The biggest problem with this place was the noise. A disco is held in the pub downstairs until 2am and there is absolutely no sound proofing. It is unbearable and you cannot sleep until the pub has closed. To make things worse the latest breakfast is 9am and you have to check out by 10 so a good nights sleep is impossible.
Breakfast at The Fox is pre ordered the night before. You can choose EITHER cereal or a cooked breakfast. The quality is poor, especially the sausage which is very cheap.
I would never stay here again and would recommend you avoid at all costs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fox Inn & restaurant is located in the heart of the historic market town of Guisborough, on the edge of the beautiful North York Moors National Park. Just a short drive from both Yorkshire Heritage East Coast including Whitby and Scarborough and the Middlesbrough / Teesside area. Guisborough market days are Tuesdays and Saturdays and run throughout the year. The Fox Inn has live music Every Saturday Night That will finish Around Midnight, So this will mean that in the accommodation you will hear some music during the hours of 19.00pm till 12.00 am. The Fox is conveniently situated in the centre of Guisborough and offers delightful, warm and comfortable ensuite accommodation with rooms completely refurbished to an excellent standard. The fox has a public bar and restaurant together with off street car parking and secure parking for motorcycles and bicycles. We have 8 bedrooms including; 2 family rooms, 1 twin, 4 doubles and 1 single. Six of the rooms offer ensuite bathrooms with a bath and shower, the remaining 2 rooms have shower facilities. All rooms include a flat screen colour TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Our accommodation is warm and comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fox Hotel Guisborough
- The Fox Inn Guisborough, North Yorkshire