The Cats Whiskers
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Guisborough
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were on an overnight stay in Guisborough and looking for somewhere to eat, this place caught our eye as we were walking around. We were not disappointed. The place is small and cosy inside, the staff were very welcoming and could not do enough for you. The menu has a good variety and the food itself was excellent, good portion size and very tasty. Would recommend this place

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This place is so cute!! I've been day and evening both which were superb !!! I can't wait to go again! Whilst pregnant I tried the 'special' Cajun chicken wrap and had a craving for one another day but it wasn't on the menu, did they turn a heavily pregnant woman down? No! They made me one up specially and made sure I left happy- lovely place!! And lovely staff.

The only grumble I have is, please move to a bigger space!!!! With wheelchair/pushchair entry I get so disappointed when I come round to go in and can't get in due to it being so busy! (It would really benefit us both if you moved:-) ) also I heard a rumour you now open Sundays if this isn't true please do as I want to come next week!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

As someone that has very sensitive gluten allergies, it was a pleasure eating at The Cats whiskers. I avoid eating out if I can help it. I happened to find myself stuck in Gisborough and had not prepared food before leaving the house, as I normally would.
We had already looked at a few menus and my wife approached the owner of the Cats Whiskers regarding gluten free diets. nothing was a problem for him and I have never been in a restaurant that is so celiac friendly.
I have very specific requests when it comes to diet and ingredients that may cause problems. The owner was very patient throughout my many requests (which is very rare! Normally you get the impression you're not worth the effort!). The meal itself was outstanding. Beautiful fresh food without the worry that I could be eating something that would make me very poorly the next day.
My wife also enjoyed the food and was very grateful that the restaurant owner gave us an opportunity to dine out together without me having to worry about how I would be feeling afterwards. Highly recommended, not just for people with food sensitivities, but for everyone! 5/5

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had to return to Guisborough on Wednesday to pick up some dry cleaning which we had left the previous Wednesday. Following a disastrous lunch in another Guisborough establishment I was slightly hesitant at trying another. However, my husband found this lovely bistro tucked away along a side street. First indications were good as it was very busy but we managed to find a table and both had the English breakfast (they even did a smaller version for me which was very accommodating of them). The food was lovely and very nicely presented which to me is very important. All the other diners were really enjoying their meals and fresh from the oven scones of differing varieties were being brought into the café from the kitchen at the back. I have to say that all this added up to what I can only describe as 'my kind of restaurant' as it was obvious that the chef took a great deal of pride in his work. Good luck to you all for the excellent food and service. Hope this helps

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stopped for a walk around Guisborough and walked passed a few tearooms and cafes before being drawn into The Cats Whiskers. The staff were really happy & friendly and the food was excellent. 2 x Paninis and a portion of Homemade Potato Skins with Dips... all filled the spot and tasted great. Lovely, cosy atmosphere inside, would definitely recommend and will hopefully be back soon!

1  Thank Receptionist23