“Not up to previous standard”
Review of Indian Cottage

Indian Cottage
Ranked #23 of 53 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been visiting the Indian Cottage for over twenty years so know the decor is nothing to write home about! The food, on the other hand, is usually of a good standard, the reason they have kept most of their regulars! However, on our recent visit we were very disappointed as neither my husband's chicken patia or my dhansak were as spicy as they should have been which resulted in them being rather bland. Having just read some recent reviews, I wonder if there are two chefs working on different days and with very different recipes as the reviews are so varied! Come on, The Cottage, don't let the quality of your food slip!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Terrible food, meat not marinated as indian food should be, I got a balti and my husband got a korma...both tasted the same!! We felt rushed, even through the restaurant wasn't full... Do not recommend and will not be going back!

3  Thank Kay C
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I visited the cottage with my family and had a fantastic meal, the portion are very big and cooked to perfection, we tried the chicken balti,lamb bhuna and chicken madras, the rice was very nice and we had keema nan was fantastic, the waiters cannot do enough for you and they serve a great pint too! We'll worth a try..

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We got to the Indian Cottage was very busy with great Atmosphere! But the speed with which the waiters cleared the table and had us seated was exceptional!

We'd searched for a place to eat to curry when my friends suggested Indian Cottage. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and we were happy to wait the short time until a table was free. The restaurant has a fresh yet traditional feel to it, and it seemed very clean. Lovely tablecloths adorn the table and decorative napkins were folded impeccably!

We went for a starter to share which was a platter of tandoori chicken, lamb kebab and an assortment of sauces. The chicken was impressively tender and fresh and went perfect with the accompanying sauces. For main, I went for chicken korma (always!) with rice and a keema naan. Delicous! The curries came out in shiny bowls with large serving spoons which was a nice decorative touch.

The portions were generous and it was reasonably good value! One of my favourite kormas Worth a visit, curry lovers!

2  Thank emma r
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We've been coming here for years either for sit down meal or takeaway, never had a bad experience yet! The owner is always welcoming, friendly can't do enough for you, the staff are too. Service is always good, never have to wait too long for food or drink. Love it.

2  Thank meandmel