“Off the beaten track”
Review of Virgo's

Virgo's
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Walking down a side street in 'Guisborough', we came upon a Coffee shop which looked very homely.
We were not disappointed. My wife had a bowl of homemade soup, and I had a fabulous Kipper which came from the local fishmonger.
We finished with coffee and homemade fruit loaf served with a local cheese.
All in all a treat and may we highly recommend this little corner shop.

There are newer reviews for Virgo's

Reviewed 25 April 2014

we visited here on a wet Friday in April. Inside it is quite small and compact but very quaint. The menu is not what you expect... not just lovely looking homemade cakes but specials that included vegetarian options and gluten free. We had the winter warmer option which was a bowl of homemade soup, small sandwich, croutons and cup of tea or coffee for £5. Very delicious. While we were waiting another customer had fresh kippers and they looked scrumptious.
Toilet facilities as may be expected, very compact but clean and functioning. My only suggestion would be some light background music as it was quite quiet and you felt as though everyone could hear everything you said. That said, I suppose sometimes the quiet is nice. Disabled accessible - all on one floor. Staff very pleasant and helpful. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have been visiting virgos for many years which in itself is a testament to the quality of the food and the friendly atmosphere. The homemade scones are reason enough to go as well as the fresh coffee.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have eaten at virgos many times and tried many different things from the menu and I have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the staff are always welcoming and very helpful. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend you visit, whether it's for an afternoon tea, a panini or the delicious homemade soup you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I just love eating in this café. We are frequent customers and the staff always make us feel welcome. The food is tasty and made fresh when ordered. We would certainly recommend eating at Virgo's. There are so many regulars returning time and time again so that must be a good recommendation!!!!
Well done everyone. Will see you next week.